5E Character Create Playlist
Page 3 of 70 First 123451353 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Tel Arin View Post
    Bug report: The rogue's saving throw vs. spell, at level 5 shows a 12, and really is a 13.
    Request: There could be a pop up to introduce different modifiers in the initiative score? (in the actions tab, for weapons, spells)

Thank you very much!

I'll take a look at the save tonight (out with Mom today!) and fix it.

There should already be initiative options in the actions tab for spells/weapons. This number you can change also.

Or did you mean something else?

A picture is worth a thousand words.

https://oi67.tinypic.com/2zjm881.jpg

The idea is a better way to categorized the initiative mods like weapon, magic, initiative mods like the Bladesinger kit, etcetc. Do you think that's a good idea?

Thank you for the attention sir,
    Last edited by Tel Arin; May 13th, 2017 at 23:15.

The idea is a better way to categorized the initiative mods like weapon, magic, initiative mods like the Bladesinger kit, etcetc. Do you think that's a good idea?

Typically the weapon itself as an item should have it's speedfactor adjusted. Like for a +2 longsword the speedfactor would be 3 instead of the normal 5. At least that's how I've been doing it.

Right now you can click on the initiative box and change that number for that attack or spell. Is that not sufficient for your needs? Not that I am against the method your image provided just curious if you had tried that?

A

Update 5.14
    • bug fix for thief saves
    • added options in campaign settings for health bars on npcs, DM ONLY
    • prep-work for ref-manual updates to cope with weapon profs (multiple)

Bladesinger kit initiative modifier? I don't remember that kid having an initiative modifier. Anyway, I do see your point about different initiative modifiers, maybe a default section somewhere on the character sheet which displays something like the modifiers in the PHB for different actions/sizes. That would make the character sheet kind of cluttered though.
    DM/GM Since 1985. Unity and Classic Ultimate License.

Quote Originally Posted by yeknom View Post
    Bladesinger kit initiative modifier? I don't remember that kid having an initiative modifier. Anyway, I do see your point about different initiative modifiers, maybe a default section somewhere on the character sheet which displays something like the modifiers in the PHB for different actions/sizes. That would make the character sheet kind of cluttered though.
    From TCBoE; Bladesingers have practiced the somatic portion of their spels well enough that they may cast their spells one handed, suffering only a slight penalty. It adds +2 to their casting times, [...]
    I set the example of bladesinger, as an example that there are many circumstances that can modify the initiative, and I would like to have a place where to register them so as not to forget them.

Perhaps the initiative, may have an independent box of modifiers, apart from weapons and spells pop up box.

Something like that?

https://oi63.tinypic.com/2hxy83.jpg

What is your opinion?

From TCBoE; Bladesingers have practiced the somatic portion of their spels well enough that they may cast their spells one handed, suffering only a slight penalty. It adds +2 to their casting times, [...]
    I set the example of bladesinger, as an example that there are many circumstances that can modify the initiative, and I would like to have a place where to register them so as not to forget them.

Perhaps the initiative, may have an independent box of modifiers, apart from weapons and spells pop up box.

Something like that?

https://oi63.tinypic.com/2hxy83.jpg

What is your opinion?
    I'm still trying to wrap my head around why you might need this. Typically initiative doesn't fluctuate for a spell cast time or a weapon attack. If you need to have a cast time of 5 for fireball versus 3 just set it to 5? It will stay 5 in the actions tab from then on. The default listed values are set based on the weapon speed or casttime of the spell... but they are not static.

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    I'm still trying to wrap my head around why you might need this. Typically initiative doesn't fluctuate for a spell cast time or a weapon attack. If you need to have a cast time of 5 for fireball versus 3 just set it to 5? It will stay 5 in the actions tab from then on. The default listed values are set based on the weapon speed or casttime of the spell... but they are not static.
    Maybe because in all the other DnD ruleset there is a box dedicated to the initiative with at least the possibility to modify the base initiative, and register it. And I miss it.

Sorry for the inconvenience, my english is not very good when expressing concepts. Maybe is the problem.

If you do not see why it is necessary to change do not worry, It was just a suggestion, I do not try to convince you.

Thank you again for this awesome ruleset!

Maybe because in all the other DnD ruleset there is a box dedicated to the initiative with at least the possibility to modify the base initiative, and register it. And I miss it.

Sorry for the inconvenience, my english is not very good when expressing concepts. Maybe is the problem.

If you do not see why it is necessary to change do not worry, It was just a suggestion, I do not try to convince you.

Thank you again for this awesome ruleset!
    Certainly, thank you for your feedback. As I said I'm not against having it was just trying to understand the need. I'll add it to the TODO list and once I can come up with a clean way to deal with it I'll make sure we add it in.

Hi grate work. Can you ask Dulux-Oz to add this rule set to his list for the doe extensions

Thread Information