STAR TREK 2d20
Page 53 of 70 First ... 343515253545563 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by WilliamRiddle View Post
    Newly created. I'm putting In Search of the Unknown into FG by hand.
    If you can zip up the campaign that you're crashing with and send it to me (I'm on discord if you'd like to send it or chat about this there) I'll take a look. I've a game coming up shortly so it will probably be tomorrow before I can try your campaign files.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

FYI, I'm able to recreate this issue with new campaign, no mods or exts, and two blank story entries.

I'm going offline for the night. If you still need it I can try and get it to you tomorrow. I'm not sure of your Discord info, sorry.

Thanks,
    WR

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamRiddle View Post
    FYI, I'm able to recreate this issue with new campaign, no mods or exts, and two blank story entries.

I'm going offline for the night. If you still need it I can try and get it to you tomorrow. I'm not sure of your Discord info, sorry.

Thanks,
    WR
    I created a brand new campaign, using AD&D Core and 1E extension only. Made 4 story entries with various length content and then arrowed forward/backwards through them. I then moved them into a Group/Category and did the same. I was not able to replicate the crash.

I am "Celestian #0854" in discord. You can also find me on the FG Discord.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

After some testing this morning I think I have some more information. Please bear with me as I'm going to try to be as comprehensive as possible.

I have FG on three computer, two have Ultimate and one Full. These three also run different operating systems -- Win 7 (Ult), Win 10 (Full), and Fedora 29 using PlayonLinux (Ult).

Win 7
    This is my main FG machine, and the one I originally found the arrow/crash issue on. It has plenty of power (old Autodesk system), SSD drive and 32GB RAM.

Win 10
    This is my work laptop, a 1-year old high end ThinkPad workstation. I was not able to duplicate the issue on this system from scratch. I then copied over the 1E campaign I'd been building on my Win 7 system and did not get the crash when I hit the arrows.

PlayonLinux

This is a six year old HP Elitebook laptop running Fedora 29, which runs FG extremely well. It is an i7 w/16GB RAM and an SSD drive. I downloaded the files fresh from GitHub to this system, created a fresh 1E campaign, hit the arrows and crashed. I also tried copying the files from my Win 7 system over and that campaign crashed as well.

So is this an OS issue? If you still need the campaign files I can try to get them to you later today.

Thanks,
    WR

Additional testing ... found another Windows 7 system and fired up an older version of the ruleset, same crash result.
    w7crash_2.PNG

I hope this is helping.

Thanks,
    WR

Blog Entries
    I cant get it to crash on my W10 machine. Just adding some statistical data...

I use Windows 7 too and get the same error, only in the ADnD Ruleset.

I run windows 10, don't have a windows 7 to test. If it's an OS issue this will be difficult to resolve since I do not have a windows 7 system to test and I just use the API within FG.EXE to script the ruleset.

The only thing I do differently is the single window which captures when a window opens and stores that window information. I'll look around the code if I can and see if there is anything I can do differently but ... it should work on everything the same.
    ---

My big fear with this bug is that an arrow gets accidentally clicked and *poof* goes my game session. Any chance we can suppress the arrows or go to standard windows until something can be figured out? Can OS issues be sent up river to the development team? I think this ruleset is a very cool and well done addition to Fantasy Grounds and would love to get this figured out. I for one plan to use it heavily in the future. While I know Win 7 is on it's way out, I'm a huge Linux user and would like to see it fixed on that front at least. Any testing I can help out with please let me know.

Thanks,
    WR

Update 2019.02.25

• Bugfix: Powers added for items moved to on ID change instead of equip.
    • Bugfix: for npc quicknotes on weapons that should resolve some of the bogus link alerts from the checker.
    • Update: Drag/drop weapons into actions/weapons for NPCs no longer automatically adds the weapon to inventory also. It will create the entry in the actions/weapons only. If you press control while drag/dropping it will add it to both as before.
    • Update: Drag/drop class will match on name, instead of source + name.
    • Added: types rod/staff/wand/etc for magic items item type
    • Added: hiddenstory records to be used for Story records for self reference but dont want to show up as Story entries and clutter it up.
    • Added: control+drag/drop (and item unlocked) to replace Npcs and Items INLINE. Meaning it won't change their IDs.

This is a small release, mostly bugfixes and updates/additions for content creators.

The drag/drop inline replacement of npc and items is mostly for folks that find they want to update a npc or item in a adventure they've created and do so w/o changing the ID of the npc/item. Since a encounters tie to the record ids, this makes it so you don't have to track down all the places you have it and replace it with the new one.
    ---

Thread Information