DICE PACKS BUNDLE

A wish-list for 5e Companions Tab, etc...

Hello FG, community. After creating a Ranger PC, a Warlock, and a Paladin PC, I realized that I wish FG would have a mechanism to have or add a character sheet tab for characters' mounts, pets, familiars, animal companions, aerial servants, or even a temporary Genie or Djinn. I would also like most or all the Syntax for that to be included as well. I think there is enough classes and situations for this type of add-on or mechanism...

~Laerun~

Do them as either an additional PC or as a NPC record shared with you as the GM.

I think that your requirements would be too complex for a single tab in the PC sheet.

There is already something similar to this on the FG feature request site: https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=108504 Go vote for it!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Ty, I did vote, thanks! Is this the correct forum for this type of post?

If you want to make feature requests then log them in the wishlist I linked above. That is where the FG developers primarily look and track requests. If your request is already there then don't add anything new and there's really no need to start a forum thread for a request that already exists. It's there, the devs are aware and will look at it.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

It seems odd this hasn't been added in, considering that there are many NPC creature companions that level with the character. I'm new to Fantasy Grounds and I have a player who has a Ranger Beastmaster, yet there is no easy way for us to create this quintessential component. Do the devs ever read these forums? It seems like this has been an issue for 10 years.

Honestly, creature companions are just NPC monsters customized and made friendly. Share the custom NPC with the player and have them drag roll off of them and you're done. I've done it that way for years, obviously YMWV.
    Last edited by Griogre; April 14th, 2020 at 01:11.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 1derwood View Post
    It seems odd this hasn't been added in, considering that there are many NPC creature companions that level with the character. I'm new to Fantasy Grounds and I have a player who has a Ranger Beastmaster, yet there is no easy way for us to create this quintessential component. Do the devs ever read these forums? It seems like this has been an issue for 10 years.
    The devs read these forums regularly (most days their are responses from one or more of them).

As you may have noticed, their are hundreds or thousands of valuable ideas for improvement. Not all of them can be implemented simply due to time and resources. The devs are very good at prioritizing these things. One of the ways they do this is using the wishlist, so make sure you vote on the ideas on the wishlist so your voice can be heard and tracked.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information