5E Character Create Playlist
Page 9 of 10 First ... 78910 Last
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, I'm not sure where those came from.

The only 36 and 37 I see in your chatlog.html are for durations, and yet I don't see values for other durations getting picked up incorrectly.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    Yeah, I'm not sure where those came from.

The only 36 and 37 I see in your chatlog.html are for durations, and yet I don't see values for other durations getting picked up incorrectly.
    If i'm reading it correctly, two of my players also rolled twice the natural 1s and 20s that anyone else did.
    FGGameStats.png
    FGGameStats(1).png

Oh, i guess that makes sense when they have rolled so much more often.

It would be cool to have per-player proportions instead of just total numbers of rolls, although now I have the numbers so I can calculate that myself
    Last edited by bmos; July 28th, 2020 at 16:45.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    If i'm reading it correctly, two of my players also rolled twice the natural 1s and 20s that anyone else did.
    FGGameStats.png
    FGGameStats(1).png

Oh, i guess that makes sense when they have rolled so much more often.

It would be cool to have per-player proportions instead of just total numbers of rolls, although now I have the numbers so I can calculate that myself
    Players generally all roll different numbers of times. You will want to look at the total # of rolls needed to roll a natural 1 or natural 20 as well. That should show if people are luckier than normal.

Those two players made 298 and 304 rolls respectively, compared to Niv who made 130 rolls and Jasper, who rolled 176 times on a d20.
    Last edited by ddavison; July 28th, 2020 at 16:56.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    Players generally all roll different numbers of times. You will want to look at the total # of rolls needed to roll a natural 1 or natural 20 as well. That should show if people are luckier than normal.

Those two players made 298 and 304 rolls respectively, compared to Niv who made 130 rolls and Jasper, who rolled 176 times on a d20.
    Wow, did I totally miss that earlier?
    I wasted my time in Excel figuring it out based on total and number of!

EDIT: Not really a waste after all, because percentages are easier for me to understand.
    If anyone else wants to do this, just enter each character's totals, 1s, and 20s in the boxes
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by bmos; July 28th, 2020 at 18:21.

If you could add another so I can look at it, added a calender entry here.
    And attached the chatlog.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BaneTBC View Post
    If you could add another so I can look at it, added a calender entry here.
    And attached the chatlog.
    Here you go:
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calen...ts.php?id=5251

Make sure to let me know which ruleset it is for if you send me any more. I have support for 5E and PFRPG 1E currently.

Thanks, really appreciate it!

Is this something that will ultimately be able to be used/signed up for by DMs or is this still in development?

I suggest to add an entry for same results rolled subsequently (like how many of X were rolled in a row).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    I suggest to add an entry for same results rolled subsequently (like how many of X were rolled in a row).
    How specific? Same dice type rolled by the same player, by all players, or what?

That is probably the reason most people seem to think dice are not random, they unconsciously filter the results to some arbitrary but notable element. After rolling a 20, it is equally likely to roll another 20 as it is any other number. We just tend to focus on 1s and 20s more, for obvious reasons.

Thread Information