5E Character Create Playlist
Page 7 of 10 First ... 56789 ... Last
    Hi Doug - this is a pretty neat idea. I think I'm OK with a nominal annual fee (though as many have said, I loathe subscriptions). Out of curiosity, where does this project stand? I have 2 of my group that are always trash talking each other about how pathetic they roll etc. and this would actually add facts - lol...

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    In order to flush this out more fully, we'd have to invest some additional development time and that would most likely mean some form of cost.
    Wait a minute here! Why was MoonWizard telling me to make an extension for this sort of thing for the OBS db.xml widget, when you already have the thing, jsut doesn't output to HTML the same fields people need for streaming.

FG already has the tools to make the widget for streamers.
    Last edited by ddavison; September 18th, 2018 at 14:27.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by shadzar View Post
    Wait a minute here! Why was MoonWizard telling me to make an extension for this sort of thing for the OBS db.xml widget, when you already have the thing, jsut doesn't output to HTML the same fields people need for streaming.

FG already has the tools to make the widget for streamers.
    This parses the chatlog, not the db.xml.
    Last edited by ddavison; September 18th, 2018 at 14:28.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    This parses the chatlog, not the db.xml.
    oh. i found this from a thread about making a website from the db.xml, that is probably what confused me then.

Hey Doug does this work well with Pathfinder?

Madman..
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

ddavison,

In 2017 I asked if you'd be able to try a stat run for a Gurps Chatlog, and you replied that you'd have some free time after GenCon.

It is now after GenCon 2017 and therefore I present to you a chatlog from my last session. Would you be able to run it through your parser and see what it generates for the gurps ruleset?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by seycyrus View Post
    ddavison,

In 2017 I asked if you'd be able to try a stat run for a Gurps Chatlog, and you replied that you'd have some free time after GenCon.

It is now after GenCon 2017 and therefore I present to you a chatlog from my last session. Would you be able to run it through your parser and see what it generates for the gurps ruleset?
    Make sure you have a game on the calandar. Even if its set to private and has no players, it what the results get associated/linked with.

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Make sure you have a game on the calandar. Even if its set to private and has no players, it what the results get associated/linked with.
    Woah, this is new to me. Thanks for letting me know. Do I have to have all the fields filled out (ip address)?

Blog Entries
    Woah, this is new to me. Thanks for letting me know. Do I have to have all the fields filled out (ip address)?
    No, I think it's just that it then creates a container that Doug can attach the log to on his end. Just a name should be all that's needed.

Blog Entries
    ddavison,

Haha. Busted.

Well, we are not doing anything for Gen Con this year but we are working on some fairly big items that are time sensitive. Feel free to PM me once a month or so and if I'm not crazy busy at the moment, I might be able to whip something up for it. I'm not that familiar with GURPS, so I will need to look through it to see what examples I can pull out.

In your chatlog, I see turn indicators, [DAMAGE], [SKILL] and Success/Failures. I don't see any examples of a defeated creature or any way to see who the damage is being directed to.
    With that, I could calculate damage dealt, critical success and failures, regular successes and failure counts and total rolls made.

Thread Information