DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 10 of 12 First ... 89101112 Last

Let me walk everyone through the dice roller I linked; feel free to ask any questions.

Difficulty: This is the minimum number of successes needed to achieve the desired result, so if something Difficulty 5, you need five successes to be successful

Target Number: This is the minimum number that needs to be rolled on a single d10 to generate a success. So if it is 7, a 7-10 results in at least one success.

Internal Penalty: The number of d10s subtracted from the dice pool before the roll

External Penalty: The number of successes subtracted from the result after the roll

Dice Pool: The base number of d10s rolled

Actions: The number of actions being attempted. Exalted has specific penalties for multiple actions which I can detail if desired.

Bonus Dice: The number of additional d10s added to the base dice pool before the roll

Successes: Better described as "Bonus Successes". The number of additional successes added to the result after the roll.

There are several check boxes, with the most important being "10s count twice", which means a 10 on a d10 counts as two successes. This is normally the case, but there are some common situations, e.g. damage rolls, where this is not the case so being able to adjust that would be important.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Hey SmileyMan Im integrating the extension into MoreCore
    Im making a few small tweaks.
    How do you measure the final successes?
    Is it Successes-Botches?
    Hi damned, hi quorlox sorry I was unavaliable for some time.

I just count the successes for 1 side and the 1s (that i've called failure) for the other. If successes = 0 and faillure >1 then it's a botch.
    We can add function countSuccess(rRoll) to double 10s
    Code:

-- Check the number of success
    if (v.result == 10) then
    	nSuccess = nSuccess + 2;
    end
    Is that what you made in a separated roll / exalteddamage?

I already used this roll in a game. Great success

Concerning post #92 (thank you for the finding this website)
    Difficulty: This is the minimum number of successes needed to achieve the desired result, so if something Difficulty 5, you need five successes to be successful
    That is decided by the GM for each roll. As the roll come from player side. So either the GM is rolling everything (as on the website) or the players needs to enter the difficulty each time.
    =>not useful in my opinion

Target Number: This is the minimum number that needs to be rolled on a single d10 to generate a success. So if it is 7, a 7-10 results in at least one success.
    According to me it's a rare situation (only for sidereals, which are not the main characters for that I know) We can enter the TN as parameter in the roll description as /exalted xd10s7 but it needs to be optional, and I will need help for parsing.
    => not a priority in my opinion

Internal Penalty: The number of d10s subtracted from the dice pool before the roll
    You can already do that by creating a roll /mod with your internal penalty.

External Penalty: The number of successes subtracted from the result after the roll.
    In my opinion same problem as Difficulty it's easier to do it on live.

Actions: The number of actions being attempted. Exalted has specific penalties for multiple actions which I can detail if desired.
    Same as internal penalty. You can do it by creating roll /mod

Bonus Dice: The number of additional d10s added to the base dice pool before the roll
    /mod again

Successes: Better described as "Bonus Successes". The number of additional successes added to the result after the roll.
    @quorlox : Do you think about a particular situation with charms?

As we already use the modifier it means that we need to give it as parameter as / exalted p1d10+p2.
    @damned : can I modify directly the function createRoll(sParams) to get as parameters that I want?

See you!

Troubleshooting help needed! Can you fine folks point me to more in-depth instructions on getting the MoreCore extension to load? I'm on Win10, I'm trying to add it to CoreRPG (is this correct?) and despite several restarts FG is not recognizing the MC extension, even though CoreRPG and FG are working fine.
    Thanks!
    Darth Frodo
    Bring me the One Ring! And NO disintigrations!
    Darth Frodo

Quote Originally Posted by darthfrodo View Post
    Troubleshooting help needed! Can you fine folks point me to more in-depth instructions on getting the MoreCore extension to load? I'm on Win10, I'm trying to add it to CoreRPG (is this correct?) and despite several restarts FG is not recognizing the MC extension, even though CoreRPG and FG are working fine.
    Thanks!
    Darth Frodo
    MoreCore is no longer an extension. Use the MoreCore ruleset available here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...reCore-Ruleset
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks!
    Bring me the One Ring! And NO disintigrations!
    Darth Frodo

Hi guys, can anyone tell me if there's an extension for WEG d6 or, better, Star Wars d6?
    Last edited by Lino; January 6th, 2021 at 18:20.

Thread Information