STAR TREK 2d20
Page 6 of 12 First ... 45678 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    All Flesh Must Be Eaten by ahoggya

Try this one....
    Attached Files Attached Files

I love the options in MoreCore! This is a great repository for home brewing just about anything.

One comment-request: The West End Games D6 system called for a die pool of d6's with one of the d6's being a wild die that explodes on a roll of 6 (and continues to explode as long as a 6 is rolled). The current /weg roll mechanic in MoreCore has all die explode when a 6 is rolled. Is it possible to get an option in line with the WEG single wild die system as written?

Thanks for considering and thank you for a great game system interface!

-LongShot

Blog Entries
    Hi Longshot please use the WEG roll like this:

/weg 1d6+2d1006
    /weg 1d6+2d2006
    /weg 1d6+2d3006
    /weg 1d6+2d4006

let me know if that works correctly for you.

mc-wegd6.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Hi Longshot please use the WEG roll like this:

/weg 1d6+2d1006
    /weg 1d6+2d2006
    /weg 1d6+2d3006
    /weg 1d6+2d4006

let me know if that works correctly for you.
    That's awesome! Works perfect! Thanks!

-LongShot

Hi I am new to FG, Morecore has been a huge help with getting up to speed on non-mainstream games. One really nice thing to have would to be for wounds to sync like they do in some games like in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcmf...youtu.be&t=365. Does anyone know of a extension that will do this or can provide me with some instructions on how to wire things up to do so?

Blog Entries
    Hi Darkpoet

MoreCore doesnt know the rules of the system that you are playing.
    It doesnt know if you are rolling higher or lower than your targets defence for example.
    It also doesnt know if defence is equivalent to damage reduction or if it just makes it harder to hit someone.
    These are just examples.

How does your system work?
    For example I have coded Rolls for old school D&D /thac0 and /dbdamage that know how to interact with the targets Defence and Health.
    Same for the Gumshoe Rolls /gsattack and /gsdamage.
    You could test the /dbdamage Roll and see if it works for you...

These are newer Rolls.
    There are over 100 Rolls now.
    In the beginning... there were just a couple of Rolls and they were less specific.
    As MoreCore has developed so has the complexity of the Rolls and as most of the generic systems have been catered for more specific Rolls and features are starting to appear.

I am thinking of the following new Rolls

/attackac #d#+#> will roll #d#+# and compare to the Defense value of the Target and then look at the > or < to determine success
    /damageroll #d#+# will roll #d#+# and apply that damage to the targets Wounds
    /damagedr #d#+# will roll #d#+# and apply that damage to the targets Wounds less the targets Defense value

Do you think that these Rolls would cover your situation?

Something like /damageroll would be dandy. I had one other thing come up while building a script of items for my Chaos Earth game. It seems I cannot multiply the result of a dice roll. It's super common in Palladium to have a roll like 1d6x10 damage. Does anything exist for this? I am a developer by trade and would not mind trying my hand at creating dice rolls, can you point me in the direction of any relevant files I can read through and try implementing on my Own?

Blog Entries
    Inside your MoreCore game click the link to the User Manual or type /morecorehelp in chat for the link again.
    In there is a section on creating your own Rolls.

Blog Entries
    I dont know if this covers all your use cases (and I doubt it) but there is a d60 (10,20,30,40,50,60) and d600 (100,200,300,400,500,600) in MoreCore.
    Similar dice for d4/d8/d10/d12/d20 do not exist. The d60/d600 were added for Traveller.

Thread Information