DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Magic World is out!

Self contained, and powered by the beloved BRP system, Magic World has finally been released, and is quite the impresive product. Does this qualify for a BRP update, or what?
    Aliens.... Go fig?

I would like to see this one as well. Have PDF, and integration into the rule set would be fantastic.

Finally they have a unique, cohesive setting that brings back the days of early Runequest. You were right. They take their time (mostly because they release primarily Cthulhu products - Britannica and Atomic were released simultaneously) but the wait was well worth it.
    Aliens.... Go fig?

Quote Originally Posted by S Ferguson View Post
    Finally they have a unique, cohesive setting that brings back the days of early Runequest. You were right. They take their time (mostly because they release primarily Cthulhu products - Britannica and Atomic were released simultaneously) but the wait was well worth it.
    Then all we heard was crickets....
    I'm smiling next to you in silent lucidity.
    Would throw my money at the BRP set if they upgrade to Magic World. Love the system.
    Looking to join some games to get a feel for system
    TIME ZONE: CST
    SYSTEMS: I'm old hat. Played/DMd/GMd almost everything

In my opinion Magic World has greater potential than Runequest. I live in the US and I use imperial measurements. Magic World is imperial. Pound, inches, miles! I prefer this since this is what I know. Swapping yards for meters is common but miles vs Kilometers is a big difference! Also in RQ the dance and sing skills bothered me. I never understood why they were core. Optional OK. With MW you get the BRP skill makeup with fantasy skills too. By the way part of my livelihood is singing. I love to sing. I just could not wrap my mind around why sing and dance were CORE skills. I know it's the culture of the game world. It just NEVER was used in my game. It's like the game said "You brave warrior - along with your greatsword and healing potions don't forget your tutu and honey spray". Anyway...lol...Magic World. Good game. I have it. I recommend it.

I'd love to see Magic World as an FG module with the bells and whistles of 3.x of the Core RPG Ruleset, I'd settle for BRP to be updated as well

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Springroll View Post
    I'd love to see Magic World as an FG module with the bells and whistles of 3.x of the Core RPG Ruleset, I'd settle for BRP to be updated as well
    I think you will see some news/action on the BRP front pretty soon...

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    I think you will see some news/action on the BRP front pretty soon...
    Oh, thats great news!

Indeed, it is great news. I am looking forward to it.
    GM with an Ultimate Licence
    Currently running: Taking a break

Thread Information