Dungeons & Dragons 2024 Core Rulebooks Pre-Order
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: New player LFG

  1. #1

    New player LFG

    looking for 5e or Pathfinder group. Available weekends. Ideally something long-term (Society or Adventure League), but willing to do one-offs or short campaigns. Feel free to message me.

    Thanks,
    Danny

  2. #2

  3. #3
    I know Wintermute is running a Pathfinder Strange Aeons Adventure Path on Saturday nights, could see if he still has room.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Hi Danny - just curious - did you join in anything over FG Con?
    Unfortunately not. I had what could be considered a minor medical emergency that detained me all weekend. I guess on the bright side though, i did purchase a decent headset and the PHB in preparation for the event. So, at least now that;s all taken care of.

  5. #5
    damned's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    26,827
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by hpdonat View Post
    Unfortunately not. I had what could be considered a minor medical emergency that detained me all weekend. I guess on the bright side though, i did purchase a decent headset and the PHB in preparation for the event. So, at least now that;s all taken care of.
    I hope you are feeling much better now!

  6. #6
    Trenloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Colorado, USA
    Posts
    33,676
    Quote Originally Posted by hpdonat View Post
    Ideally something long-term (Society or Adventure League), but willing to do one-offs or short campaigns.
    Pathfinder Society and D&D Adventurers League are organized play that are really a set of one-off adventuress that different GMs can run and different sets of players at each adventure. Yes, there is an underlying campaign storyline. But if you're looking for a long term campaign with the same GM and player, I'd recommend you don't look at these.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    I hope you are feeling much better now!
    Thanks, and yes doing much better. I'm currently working as a welder, and although not my chosen profession for now it does pay the bills. With that said, as a profession though, welding does have some significant inherent health hazards. I experienced on of them know as flash-burn, where ones skin or eyes are burned by the UV rays made by the welder. Unfortunately my eyes were burned and besides being painful, my vision was blurred for several days. It pretty much sucks, but I'm fine now. So thanks

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Pathfinder Society and D&D Adventurers League are organized play that are really a set of one-off adventuress that different GMs can run and different sets of players at each adventure. Yes, there is an underlying campaign storyline. But if you're looking for a long term campaign with the same GM and player, I'd recommend you don't look at these.
    I'm confused by your reply. Why wouldn't a GM or DM adhere to the structure of AL or Society while accommodating a long term group? I know more about AL than Society, but WOTC has a ton of story lines like Curse of Strahd or Storm King's Thunder which could keep a group occupied for months. I was under the impression that Society is similar.

  9. #9
    damned's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    26,827
    Blog Entries
    1
    Adventurers League and the Pathfinder Society were designed to allow you to join with different players and a different GM each and every session. Many AL/PFS games are self contained one shots although many lead onto another adventure.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by hpdonat View Post
    Why wouldn't a GM or DM adhere to the structure of AL or Society while accommodating a long term group?
    I can only speak to my personal experiences when I gave Pathfinder Society a shot in real life...but each of the three times I went were separate one-shot adventures. Different people, different GMs, different scenarios. Entirely self-contained per weekly event.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Log in

Log in