FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    On a similar note, I have the Ultimate monthly subscription, but have already purchased the full DMG and the PHB from the FG store. If I purchase the MM, thus having all 3 core books, could I cancel my subscription and continue hosting games as I do now?

Quote Originally Posted by Nadine Chanz View Post
    On a similar note, I have the Ultimate monthly subscription, but have already purchased the full DMG and the PHB from the FG store. If I purchase the MM, thus having all 3 core books, could I cancel my subscription and continue hosting games as I do now?
    Welcome to the forums Nadine Chanz

Your subscription is still needed for your base Fantasy Grounds license. Ultimate allows anyone to connect to your game, even those without a license (running the free/demo version). Buying products doesn't change your base license.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Welcome to the forums Nadine Chanz

Your subscription is still needed for your base Fantasy Grounds license. Ultimate allows anyone to connect to your game, even those without a license (running the free/demo version). Buying products doesn't change your base license.
    Thank you for your quick response.

It leads me to another clarifying question. For those who purchased the $149 Ultimate License, can they host games with players who only have the demo version? If so, what difference(s) do they have as opposed to me once I have the all the core 5e books and is it possible for me (or anyone else in my financial situation) to achieve that status?

For those who purchased the $149 Ultimate License, can they host games with players who only have the demo version? If so, what difference(s) do they have as opposed to me once I have the all the core 5e books and is it possible for me (or anyone else in my financial situation) to achieve that status?
    The functionality of an Ultimate subscription is exactly the same as the one-off purchase Ultimate license. The only difference is the one-off or monthly payments.

Functionality described in the bottom half of the home page here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/home/home.php
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

oh, I see.

I would need to purchase the Fantasy Grounds License for $39. This would allow me to host games without the $9.99 monthly Ultimate subscription fee.
    This would give you a standard license - which allows you to host for anyone else with a standard or ultimate license. You won't be able to host for free/demo licenses.

Thread Information