5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Custom HealthBar Widget

I've made a very simple extension to allow customization of the health bar shown to the right of a token. I think this should work with any ruleset as it is piggybacking on the CoreRPG TokenManager behavior.

The extension will add a new section to the "Options" called "Healthbar Customizer" and adds 4 options which allow changing various aspects of the health bar. Any change should be reflected in real-time, so you can have a map with a token visible and cycle through the options to see the effect of the choice.

The four options are:
    1) Add a background bar showing the range for 100% (so the health bar resembles an analog thermometer).
    2) Allows a choice of "Light" or "Dark" for the background coloring of the bar.
    3) Allow a range of choices for how far away from the token the bar is rendered.
    4) Allow a range of choices for the width of the bar (helpful for when zoomed out to still easily spot the general health of tokens).

This is currently on github here under MIT license: https://github.com/MostTornBrain/CustomHealthBarWidget

This extension is also available for free on the Forge: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/532/view

Here's a screenshot showing the options with a few tokens:Screen Shot 2022-03-06 at 10.17.40 AM.png

[EDIT 2022/03/06]: Revised so the description is up to date with the current version.
    Last edited by MostTornBrain; March 6th, 2022 at 15:20.

I've fixed the issue with the background bar not displaying in "bar hover" mode. I've also added another option for the bar customization - one can now choose between "Light" and "Dark" for the background bar coloring. The background bar has a slight transparency to it now, and the "Light" version is a bit more subtle than the original plain white.

Changes are in github at the link in post #1. Version is now v1.0.2.

I'll followup with another link once the Forge version is approved.

Cheers,
    Brian

This extension is now available on the Forge: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/532/view

Cheers,
    Brian

I've been tinkering a bit more and added another option to allow a completely custom color to be selected using the FGU built-in color chooser. This allows custom alpha and color to be chosen for the background 100% gauge and as the color is adjusted, any visible token health bars will reflect the change immediately.

Yes, it's a very niche feature of marginal usefulness. But, I was curious if it would be possible using the existing Lua API and once I had it implemented, I thought someone might find it useful in the future. This could potentially be extended to allow custom colors to be specified for "healthy" vs. "wounded", perhaps as an aid for anyone that has difficulty distinguishing between red and green. That might be more useful for the "dot" health widget.

Here's a screenshot showing the usage: Screen Shot 2022-03-06 at 1.03.55 PM.png

The change is on github (v1.0.4beta). I'm holding off updating the Forge version in case I make some more changes in the near future. I assume a human needs to actually approve each update I make to the Forge, and I'd rather not consume too much time of whomever has to do that task.

Cheers,
    Brian

Looks awesome -- very configurable.. You're clearly more adept at this than I am. heh. I did cringe when I say my placeholder text in your screenshot. lol

--Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Drowbe View Post
    Looks awesome -- very configurable.. You're clearly more adept at this than I am. heh. I did cringe when I say my placeholder text in your screenshot. lol
    Thanks for the kind words. I've been programming for the past 40+ years, the most recent 30+ of them as my day job. I love to tinker with programming - ironically, I've spent more time the past few months trying to learn the FGU API and Lua than actually playing an RPG using it. :-D

And thanks for taking the time to make your Chat Aesthetics Configurator extension. I find it very helpful.

Cheers,
    Brian

I am getting weird issues when using this mod in pathfinder 2e. Capture.PNG

It has been a little while, the original issue I had was gone. I started to use the mod again, however the background bar does not appear properly for my players. It is cleared once the monster or pc takes any hp gain/loss but when I first load a monster onto the map they get the background bar over the center of the NPC. Player's View.png

I as the GM see the health bar load in properly each time.

Hi I am having the same issues as Idward. while the bug is not visible to me as the gm it happens to my players.
    I live this extension because it helps both me and my players see exactly what our percentage is for health of creatures and players.
    It baffles me that base fantasy grounds does not have a background for their hp bars.
    Is there any news of a fix anytime soon.

Thread Information