STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 6 First 1234 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Here's a video I've put together highlighting the record differences I've mentioned above, and how to share a NPC with the players.
    Pretty disappointing that there wasn't a little camera window with you in it down the right hand corner
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Pretty disappointing that there wasn't a little camera window with you in it down the right hand corner
    Haha! I'm sure most of the viewers were very happy that there wasn't.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Here's a video I've put together highlighting the record differences I've mentioned above, and how to share a NPC with the players.

Note: The first thing I do is share from the NPC campaign data list - this is not the recommended process (reasons given in my posts above), I've done this to illustrate my point. So, ignore the sharing of the NPC from the campaign data list. Follow the instructions from 0:30 onward.

I mention in the video that this is 5E, but the process is the same for all CoreRPG based rulesets (3.5E, 4E, Pathfinder, C&C, Call of Cthulhu, etc.).

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6...jdSa1pEWHg0RkU
    That's awesome. Thanks! Need to do what with one of my PCs Druids as well. Is there any way for them to be able to edit the creature's stats or anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Newf View Post
    Is there any way for them to be able to edit the creature's stats or anything?
    Only the GM can edit the stats.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Only the GM can edit the stats.
    Ok cool, that's what I figured. Thanks!

Thread necromancy -> how do you let the owning player advance the CT for the NPC?
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by deer_buster View Post
    Thread necromancy -> how do you let the owning player advance the CT for the NPC?
    You can't. The DM still has to do that.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Note: The first thing I do is share from the NPC campaign data list - this is not the recommended process (reasons given in my posts above), I've done this to illustrate my point. So, ignore the sharing of the NPC from the campaign data list. Follow the instructions from 0:30 onward.

I mention in the video that this is 5E, but the process is the same for all CoreRPG based rulesets (3.5E, 4E, Pathfinder, C&C, Call of Cthulhu, etc.).

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6...jdSa1pEWHg0RkU
    I tried this out - worked perfectly with the Giant Weasel. However with my custom NPC - even though it shared it (the tick shows on the NPC in the DM side FG instance) the windows doesn't pop up showing its shared and it can't be viewed on the players side NPC listing. This is in a module I made and exported with the NPC inside. Something I need to do, like share the module to players (but then they could see the story etc.) FG Classic 5th Edition.

EDIT: If the player clicks on the token in the combat tracker, the NPC window then pops up and functions as intended.

Is it possible to let a player control part of the hostile NPC's? As help for the DM, to avoid the hive mind mentality, etc. I did some testing and it seems the answer is not really. They can only control friendly characters. Not hostile, not neutral, not faction (whatever that is). But they can attack each other when friendly. So it's possible to let the players control some of the bandits for extra chaos. Am I missing something, or is this the extend of the possibilities?
    Last edited by Milmoor; May 24th, 2020 at 09:29.

Quote Originally Posted by Milmoor View Post
    Is it possible to let a player control part of the PC's? As help for the DM, to avoid the hive mind mentality, etc. I did some testing and it seems the answer is not really. They can only control friendly characters. Not hostile, not neutral, not faction (whatever that is). But they can attack each other when friendly. So it's possible to let the players control some of the bandits for extra chaos. Am I missing something, or is this the extend of the possibilities?
    Read this thread from the start, lots of suggestion on how to do that.

Thread Information