5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Buying a headset

Could anyone recommend a good headset to use for FG? Looking for something reasonably priced too.

Just some general Tips:
    First off, decide what kind of headset you want:
    a) something geared for voice chat
    b) headphones with a mic

main difference being that a) tends to excel at voice and sucks for everything else, while b) can also be used for general gaming/music/watching movies at night without turning you GF/Rommates/Family into raging axe murderers

Then seriously consider buying a variant with its own usb audio.

The advantage here is that you can have the voice chat application use the usb sound device representing you headset, uncoupling your voice audio from game/music/etc.

Take the time to go to a brick and mortar store and try them on, no 2 people can agree on wether a headset is comfortable

Blog Entries
    Brand wise I've always liked Logitech. They are not high-end, but are usually more of the "business" crowd level of performance. Which has always been good for me. My son has a HyperX which is a well rated gaming headset that he loves.

The next thing to look at is the type of ear cup. Do you want 'on ear', 'over ear' or 'in-ear' (cell phone/ipod style). I usually prefer on ear because they are smaller and lighter, but they don't block surrounding sound like an over ear does.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I've went through a lot of headphones, the last pair before the ones I have now were Logitech G930s. They are decent but the fit is sloppy and you'll hear everything in the room you're in.

The pair I upgraded to are called Hyper-X Cloud II, I think they are called Cloud III now. I would HIGHLY recommend them. They have superior noise reduction because of the closed backed ear cups. The wear comfort is also much better than the logitech as well. The sound quality is good and so is the mic. You can detach the mic and use them as just headphones elsewhere.

For the price I think the hyper-X are a great set. They are mid-range sound quality and superior comfort with closed back ear pieces. There are better sounding headsets but you'll pay a LOT more for them.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Brand wise I've always liked Logitech. They are not high-end, but are usually more of the "business" crowd level of performance. Which has always been good for me. My son has a HyperX which is a well rated gaming headset that he loves.

The next thing to look at is the type of ear cup. Do you want 'on ear', 'over ear' or 'in-ear' (cell phone/ipod style). I usually prefer on ear because they are smaller and lighter, but they don't block surrounding sound like an over ear does.
    Sorry about the redundancy, but what Logitech model do you use?

The Logitech G930 are great if you like random disconnects and reboots.

They may literally be the worst headset ever created.

Classic & Unity Ultimate License Holder

Quote Originally Posted by swbuza View Post
    The Logitech G930 are great if you like random disconnects and reboots.

They may literally be the worst headset ever created.
    In any case, realistically, nearly all gaming headsets, even the expensive ones, are junk. You are far better off getting a good set of headphones and attaching the modmic 4 to them.

Classic & Unity Ultimate License Holder

The Steel Series ones aren't bad, and you can get decent deals on them if you shop around.

I'm not sure what headsets you've had in the past - I've had a Logitech G430, another logitech one (forgot the name), and an old razer headset. I currently have the Arctis 7 https://steelseries.com/gaming-headsets/arctis-7

It's super lightweight, the batter lasts forever, and from everyone I've heard from, I sound no different - it is also very easy to wear for long periods of time because of the band-style they use for the top.

Thread Information