STAR TREK 2d20
Page 4 of 5 First ... 2345 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by vodokar View Post
    you did the work didn't you? Isn't your time worth something? I'm not offering to buy the ruleset. I'm offering to make a donation in saying thanks for your hard work. Whether you choose to accept it is up to you. Afterall, it's the thought that counts, as they say. No one could possibly compensate you for the time you've put into this, and a small donation is really just a gesture of thanks and a compliment of your work likely worth more than the money itself. I know first hand what type of hard work goes into it. Regardless, I would still consider releasing the ruleset as a community ruleset. Otherwise, it is likely it will never get to be released.
    Merry Christmas!!! I know it's April (or May, or June, or whenever a certain ruleset gets released) but I can feel the cheer in the air... And I'm all about exchanging gifts...
    Last edited by ProfDogg; April 17th, 2017 at 03:49.

This might not be new to everyone but my buddies over at d20pfsrd and Open Gaming Store just updated this, as well as their other SRD stuffs...I am no expert in M&M but it seems to be all the info
    https://www.d20herosrd.com/?mc_cid=8...eid=86251cf2c7
    Last edited by Wookiee420; April 17th, 2017 at 07:12.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    It's certainly not unplayable. It doesn't have some of the bells and whistles that the 5E ruleset has spoilt people into expecting, but it's still totally playable. I think the main thing is the lacking ruleset specific documentation/guidelines.
    You can't even resize the windows. That, to me, is unplayable. I mean... okay, yeah, TECHNICALLY it's possible to play. But it's technically possible to surf the web with a dial-up modem, too, and no one who has any choice in the matter does it. :-P

Quote Originally Posted by Wookiee420 View Post
    This might not be new to everyone but my buddies over at d20pfsrd and Open Gaming Store just updated this, as well as their other SRD stuffs...I am no expert in M&M but it seems to be all the info
    https://www.d20herosrd.com/?mc_cid=8...eid=86251cf2c7
    Yeah, this is awesome. Been using this as a reference for a while, now. I bought the book, so I have all the info, anyway, but it's really useful to have what is essentiall a searchable copy. Not to mention I can copy and paste stuff stuff right from here onto my character sheet.

Quote Originally Posted by SheckyS View Post
    You can't even resize the windows. That, to me, is unplayable. I mean... okay, yeah, TECHNICALLY it's possible to play.
    See Windows -> Sizing here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...Basics#Windows

Just because you don't know how to do something doesn't mean it can't be done. Hence my comment "I think the main thing is the lacking ruleset specific documentation/guidelines."

The ruleset *is* playable, it just uses some of the pre FG 3.0 way of doing things - something that many FG users had been playing fine with for nearly 10 years. Hence why Moon Wizard mentioned the standard user guides (post #11) - because these still detail how to do things in the interface the "traditional" way.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Hey SheckyS,
    I've ran M&M3e at the table before, and I do plan to run it on FG sometime in the future. I'll keep in mind when that day comes. I'll most likely run in the DC Adventures universe, because I'm a big DC fanboy.
    Twitch Channel: PlayForth
    Ultimate License Holder
    Time Zone: Central Standard (Daylight Savings) Time: GMT -6:00 (-5:00)
    Fantasy Grounds Address/Alias: able castle cruel gate

Currently Running...
    Claim the Stars | Savage Worlds Sci-Fi Campaign (Livestream at PlayForth)

I'd appreciate it if you kept me in mind as well.

I ran a M&M campaign (Stranger things inspired) and I felt really cheated and had to convince my new players it was worth it to learn FG 2.0 with all kind of issues.

On the other side of this project: I will never do it again! No M&M unless it's 3.0 and I want a clear warning at the store that it is 2.0!

I don't want my money back, you should use it to make the modules great with more modules to buy. I l have very little time as GM to prepare but all D&D 5e materials with works great - M&M Don't even scale icons on the map to my grid and helping users with editing their characters gets messed up every time in the power section.

I loved M&M but I hate to never play it again - but no 3.0 as it sounds, It will be the end of it.

Quote Originally Posted by MrJimbo View Post
    I ran a M&M campaign (Stranger things inspired) and I felt really cheated and had to convince my new players it was worth it to learn FG 2.0 with all kind of issues.

On the other side of this project: I will never do it again! No M&M unless it's 3.0 and I want a clear warning at the store that it is 2.0!

I don't want my money back, you should use it to make the modules great with more modules to buy. I l have very little time as GM to prepare but all D&D 5e materials with works great - M&M Don't even scale icons on the map to my grid and helping users with editing their characters gets messed up every time in the power section.

I loved M&M but I hate to never play it again - but no 3.0 as it sounds, It will be the end of it.
    The store says its designed for 2.9.9 I would guess that that means it isnt designed for 3.0?
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store...id=GRR5501eFG2
    FGU Standard License Holder.

Currently Running:

Quote Originally Posted by Wookiee420 View Post
    The store says its designed for 2.9.9 I would guess that that means it isnt designed for 3.0?
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store...id=GRR5501eFG2
    I still think for a first time user, like me, only knowing about 3.0.0 and forward, a small note about 2.9.9 is not enough. I know I had a thought "how bad can it be?", right!? One minor tic (like 299 -> 300) should be almost like the 3.0 one could argue wrongfully.
    It is day and night! I now have to force my beaten friends to use FG again (this time 3.0).
    So I think ALL (seller and buyer) would greatly benefit if this came up before you buy, also with a feature overview (so you know you have to resize every token you will use by hand). It should be stated everywhere "Only 2.0|OLD".
    I love FG and I want all new users to have a positive experience! I got "fooled" and I don't want anyone else to be. Thats all

Thread Information