STAR TREK 2d20
Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last
    I got a response on facebook from a guy named Steve. Not sure what his position is, if he works for FG or what, but he claimed to be doing a complete re-write of the M&M module for FG to bring it into line with all of the other supported games, because the current M&M module is extremely limited and basically unplayable. Steve (whoever he is) says he is in testing now and hopes to have the modules ready by this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by SheckyS View Post
    ... and basically unplayable.
    It's certainly not unplayable. It doesn't have some of the bells and whistles that the 5E ruleset has spoilt people into expecting, but it's still totally playable. I think the main thing is the lacking ruleset specific documentation/guidelines.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SheckyS View Post
    I'm confused. Are you saying you have Champions modules for FG? If so.. how do I get them?
    Modules, no. Ruleset, yes. I've been trying to work out an arrangement between Smiteworks and HERO for a while now... but it seems to have stalled.
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfoot View Post
    I have a basically complete Champions Ruleset... with tons of bells and whistles... the combat tracker alone makes running Champions WAY easier. There's more info on it.. umm.
    HERE and HERE.
    I love you, man! That looks totally awesome. I must have. Where can I download? Didn't see any link. I understand you don't have permission to share any manuals. That's fine for me. I just want the ruleset.
    Ultimate License Holder GM

Games currently Playing: AD&D, DCC RPG and D&D 5e

Finished Projects: AD&D Ruleset
    New School NPC Maker 5E
    New School NPC Maker PFRPG - 3.5E
    Old School NPC Maker

Current Projects:

1) Adventure Module.
    2) Maintaining and improving released projects.
    3) C.O.O.L. Beasts
    4) Basic Fantasy Ruleset
    5) Metamorphosis Alpha Ruleset

Blog Entries
    The plan was to put it out as a commercial ruleset. Hero Games was interested... but I don't know what happened from there.

I bought Mutants and Mastermind but I have been a Champions player since 1st edition (which I still have sitting around). I have shelves of the stuff! It would be fantastic to have Champions for FG... I know a number of people who would be in line for buying that. I wouldn't mind modules for Mutants&masterminds either
    GM Ultimate license FGC and FGU

Just Finished running City of Eyes Level 20 Characters 5 players FGU
    Group now running new campaign.

Playing a Survival DND game in FGU

Running a Mutants and Masterminds game in FGU

Playing a Mutants and Masterminds game in FGU

Playing a DND campaign based in MIDGARD

Playing a Homebrew Campaign against the Dragon kings in FGU

Running a game of Fallout 2d20

Well, it's your decision on if you want to make it a commercial ruleset or not, but my advice would be to just release it as a community ruleset. If you ensure that there isn't any proprietary artwork and, as you said, there aren't any rules modules, you don't need anyone's permission to release it. It looks like the ruleset has been ready for quite some time. Please consider releasing it. If you wait to get official permission, it is likely it won't ever get released. And that would be a real shame, because it is quite obvious how hard you've worked on it. I'd be happy to make a paypal donation to you directly for it if you release it and likely some others would too.

New School NPC Maker 5E
    Old School NPC Maker

Current Projects:

1) Adventure Module.
    3) C.O.O.L. Beasts
    4) Basic Fantasy Ruleset

Curse you, Blackfoot!!! I'm all misty-eyed looking through all of these old pdf's now... OK, I'm still a game snob with a slight distaste for Hero System now that I've played other games but Gawds-Darn (!!!) it I feel like a 12 year old again reading through this and I want to play... Release the set and I'll send you some money too... I was just refunded the M&M module so I'll send you $20.

Blog Entries
    I don't think I can legally accept money for my work on the ruleset unless it's an official release... otherwise I'm into all sorts of messy stuff.

you did the work didn't you? Isn't your time worth something? I'm not offering to buy the ruleset. I'm offering to make a donation in saying thanks for your hard work. Whether you choose to accept it is up to you. Afterall, it's the thought that counts, as they say. No one could possibly compensate you for the time you've put into this, and a small donation is really just a gesture of thanks and a compliment of your work likely worth more than the money itself. I know first hand what type of hard work goes into it. Regardless, I would still consider releasing the ruleset as a community ruleset. Otherwise, it is likely it will never get to be released.
    Last edited by vodokar; April 17th, 2017 at 03:05.

New School NPC Maker 5E
    Old School NPC Maker

Current Projects:

1) Adventure Module.
    3) C.O.O.L. Beasts
    4) Basic Fantasy Ruleset

Thread Information