DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last
    There's not a specific manual for M&M. Most of the features are similar to other rulesets, so you should be able to use the wiki/manual/videos for basic features of FG.

There's also a module included which is an FG version of the Heroes Handbook.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    There's not a specific manual for M&M. Most of the features are similar to other rulesets, so you should be able to use the wiki/manual/videos for basic features of FG.

There's also a module included which is an FG version of the Heroes Handbook.

Regards,
    JPG
    No offense but that doesn't help me ase there seems to be a lack of function with the M&M module. I'm looking at the M&M module and trying to figure out combat in relation to other modules I'm using. For example, how does a Hero make a Toughness save vs an opponent's Damage effect. I can just have the Hero roll free-style and do the math in my head but other modules have targeting and this auto-calculations.
    Last edited by ProfDogg; April 16th, 2017 at 03:35.

I'm not sure if you are specifically have your heart set on playing M&M in Fantasy Grounds, or just want to play a superhero game. But, I'll provide this information anyway, which you may or may not find helpful, as it is timely.

The full 65 book run of Champions 4th edition is currently available thru Bundle of Holding at a steal of a bargain. You can either opt for the full thing or a reduced subsection of the collection, though I would recommend getting the whole thing while its available at this greatly reduced price.

Champions is a simple enough system that it could be run via MoreCore. I picked this up and I will be investigating the inns and outs of the functionality soon and will be working on a MoreCore extension or roll, if needed, in order to get things to work the way they need to.
    Ultimate License Holder GM

Games currently Playing: AD&D, DCC RPG and D&D 5e

Finished Projects: AD&D Ruleset
    New School NPC Maker 5E
    New School NPC Maker PFRPG - 3.5E
    Old School NPC Maker

Current Projects:

1) Adventure Module.
    2) Maintaining and improving released projects.
    3) C.O.O.L. Beasts
    4) Basic Fantasy Ruleset
    5) Metamorphosis Alpha Ruleset

I saw that! Great stuff, great deal... but as a GM I'm all about M&M. Hero System is so very cumbersome to run in comparison. Playing-wise, I could flip a coin though. I love the Champions Universe though and have done quite a few M&M conversions.

The M&M ruleset does not have the same level of automation as other mor popular rulesets. This happened because the ruleset was built when M&M was new, and the developer who wrote it no longer supports it.

Almost all of the products sold through our store are developed by third party developers. We work to maintain compatibility with all the products in our store (>600), but we don't have the resources to update every game system with all the latest features. we depend on the developers to do that.

Currently, this ruleset does not have a developer, and no one has offered to update so far.

As with all our products and DLC, please let us know if you aren't happy with a recent purchase, and we can process a refund.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by ProfDogg View Post
    No offense but that doesn't help me ase there seems to be a lack of function with the M&M module. I'm looking at the M&M module and trying to figure out combat in relation to other modules I'm using. For example, how does a Hero make a Toughness save vs an opponent's Damage effect. I can just have the Hero roll free-style and do the math in my head but other modules have targeting and this auto-calculations.
    The system does allow for targeting and it will roll automatically for toughness saves, or any other save, correctly as long as the powers and defenses are entered correctly. There are a few items that are not automated such as correctly handling Area Effects, but for the most part it does fine with more straight forward rules.

The main issue is no manual to explain how to correctly set up the character sheets and the NPC sheets. Also, except for the Heroes Handbook, there were no modules created with pregenerated content like there is for many of the other systems. There is a thread the gives some information on using the ruleset here but it is far from complete.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vodokar View Post
    I'm not sure if you are specifically have your heart set on playing M&M in Fantasy Grounds, or just want to play a superhero game. But, I'll provide this information anyway, which you may or may not find helpful, as it is timely.

The full 65 book run of Champions 4th edition is currently available thru Bundle of Holding at a steal of a bargain. You can either opt for the full thing or a reduced subsection of the collection, though I would recommend getting the whole thing while its available at this greatly reduced price.

Champions is a simple enough system that it could be run via MoreCore. I picked this up and I will be investigating the inns and outs of the functionality soon and will be working on a MoreCore extension or roll, if needed, in order to get things to work the way they need to.
    I have a basically complete Champions Ruleset... with tons of bells and whistles... the combat tracker alone makes running Champions WAY easier. There's more info on it.. umm.
    HERE and HERE.
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    The M&M ruleset does not have the same level of automation as other mor popular rulesets. This happened because the ruleset was built when M&M was new, and the developer who wrote it no longer supports it.

Almost all of the products sold through our store are developed by third party developers. We work to maintain compatibility with all the products in our store (>600), but we don't have the resources to update every game system with all the latest features. we depend on the developers to do that.

Currently, this ruleset does not have a developer, and no one has offered to update so far.

As with all our products and DLC, please let us know if you aren't happy with a recent purchase, and we can process a refund.

Regards,
    JPG
    Thanks, MW. I very well may. I'd love to have a fully functioning FG VTT for M&M (or the knowledge and skills to make it work). If anyone ever gets around to improving it, I'd repurchase it.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfoot View Post
    I have a basically complete Champions Ruleset... with tons of bells and whistles... the combat tracker alone makes running Champions WAY easier. There's more info on it.. umm.
    HERE and HERE.
    OK, Blackfoot, I may have to buckle down and try it. Thank you...

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfoot View Post
    HERE and HERE.
    I'm confused. Are you saying you have Champions modules for FG? If so.. how do I get them?

Thread Information