DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last

Is M&M on FantasyGrounds dead?

This forum is marked "Old" and the Game Calendar doesn't even list M&M as a viable search option.
    Has M&M support been essentially abandoned?

Does FantasyGrounds support any other super-hero RPGs? I hear Savage Worlds does superheros kinda. Is it any good?

"Old" just means that there are no "New" posts that you haven't read in that forum. It is not something that SmiteWorks use to mark a ruleset as "Old".

M&M certainly has a small following compared to the more mainstream rulesets. So you are probably going to struggle to find a game as a player quickly. But, if you're going to run a game as a GM then I reckon you'll get some players.

Savage Worlds is an excellent system and the Super Powers Companion contains a lot of useful material for running superhero based games: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store...id=S2P10501FG2 This needs the base Savage Worlds ruleset: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store....xcp?id=DGASW3
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

The most important thing to know is that the ruleset still functions and is being maintained compatible with current version of Fantasy Grounds. I agree with Trenloe. If you want to take the initiative to be GM, you will likely find some players to join, but I'm not currently aware of any GM's running games of M&M (or DC Superheroes for that matter).

I've done superheroes on SW. It can be done. Not sure if I would recommend it though. SW is a super game for running pulp style action adventure, up to and including Pulp Style Silver Age Supers in the vein of the Shadow and Doc Savage, Green Hornet etc. I don't feel it does Golden Age style supers well, though. Just my opinion. Games like M&M, Villains and Vigilantes, Champions, Marvel Super Heroes etc. were built from the ground up to support full fledged comic book style superheroes. SW wasn't and it stretches the power curve balance pretty far to try to make it do it.
    Ultimate License Holder GM

Games currently Playing: AD&D, DCC RPG and D&D 5e

Finished Projects: AD&D Ruleset
    New School NPC Maker 5E
    New School NPC Maker PFRPG - 3.5E
    Old School NPC Maker

Current Projects:

1) Adventure Module.
    2) Maintaining and improving released projects.
    3) C.O.O.L. Beasts
    4) Basic Fantasy Ruleset
    5) Metamorphosis Alpha Ruleset

Quote Originally Posted by vodokar View Post
    The most important thing to know is that the ruleset still functions and is being maintained compatible with current version of Fantasy Grounds. I agree with Trenloe. If you want to take the initiative to be GM, you will likely find some players to join, but I'm not currently aware of any GM's running games of M&M (or DC Superheroes for that matter).
    I'm not sure that the highlighted text above is true. As far as I know, SW is not doing any "maintenance" to the ruleset. It is still usable primarily because SW left in some backwards compatibility. It just doesn't use the newer functionality.

There was a group supposedly doing a FG II 3.0 update, but I haven't seen anything concerning that in quite a long time, so that effort is probably dead.

As I said though, the ruleset still works, just not a lot of people using it as far as I can tell.

M&M is one of the rulesets that I routinely test (and break) whenever there is a test build and Moonwizard has so far made sure that this ruleset works. Which is great since this is store item.

Vires Animi

Quote Originally Posted by viresanimi View Post
    M&M is one of the rulesets that I routinely test (and break) whenever there is a test build and Moonwizard has so far made sure that this ruleset works. Which is great since this is store item.

Vires Animi
    Does he make it work by adjusting the new code of patching the M&M ruleset? I ask because I have the rulset and have not see an update download for it in years.

I am not qualified to answer that. Only Moonwizard can illuminate this issue.

I only make adjustments when an issue is reported that is caused by a FG main client update; I do not make any other changes.

Cheers,
    JPG

Well.. I can't really DM, since I am totally new to M&M. And if there are no games out there starting up or looking for players, I guess I am out of luck. Thanks for all the info, though.

Is there a manual for the M&M set? I'm playing around with it with the intention of running a game and I'm running into little issues that keep stumping me.

Thread Information