Dungeons & Dragons 2024 Core Rulebooks Pre-Order
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Players Handbook Theme - Progress

I've never done any work like this before and I have just been fumbling about on Fantasy Grounds designing a Players Handbook theme. I was wondering if there was a complete listing of all the assets we can manipulate. For example, Font Color on the Party Sheet, framdef for the token window.

Anyway, I haven't done much and have been borrowing and learning from the FGPro theme and the Curse of Strahd theme, but here is what I have after a few hours of fiddling around.

Attachment 18345

You'll find them all here.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Nice Job! I like the black right edge and plain buttons with labels on them. It looks like you're getting along nicely, keep it up... please

Upstate NY (and not Westchester, I mean dead in the middle)
    PM me with specific questions, I will do my best to help you out with this stuff.

If you're working from my fgPro extension, under the file "graphics-fonts.xml" you will need to go to these specific lines to modify the font colors:
    <!-- Party Sheet -->
    <font name="label_ps_name">
    <fgffile name="graphics/fonts/bold-10.fgf" />
    <color value="000000" />
    </font>
    <font name="list-empty-ps">
    <fgffile name="graphics/fonts/italic-10.fgf" />
    <color value="000000" />
    </font>

For the token window, go to "graphics-frames.xml", then look for:
    <!-- Token Bag -->
    <framedef name="tokenbag">
    <bitmap file="graphics/fgpro_graphics/utilitybox3.png" />
    <offset>68,75,77,51</offset>
    <insideoffset>0,0,18,16</insideoffset>
    </framedef>

to modify the art used for the token window, you will need to modify the graphics file "utilitybox3.png", or create your own file, then put that file name in this position.

I like how you're handling the buttons on the right, I see you're using the Curse of Strahd theme for that. I think that's much cleaner than how I did it with mine. I may end up making an add-on or something to do the same. Keep up the nice work, and let me know if I can help you locate any of those pesky resources.

Quote Originally Posted by ll00ll00ll00ll View Post
    PM me with specific questions, I will do my best to help you out with this stuff.

If you're working from my fgPro extension, under the file "graphics-fonts.xml" you will need to go to these specific lines to modify the font colors:
    <!-- Party Sheet -->
    <font name="label_ps_name">
    <fgffile name="graphics/fonts/bold-10.fgf" />
    <color value="000000" />
    </font>
    <font name="list-empty-ps">
    <fgffile name="graphics/fonts/italic-10.fgf" />
    <color value="000000" />
    </font>

For the token window, go to "graphics-frames.xml", then look for:
    <!-- Token Bag -->
    <framedef name="tokenbag">
    <bitmap file="graphics/fgpro_graphics/utilitybox3.png" />
    <offset>68,75,77,51</offset>
    <insideoffset>0,0,18,16</insideoffset>
    </framedef>

to modify the art used for the token window, you will need to modify the graphics file "utilitybox3.png", or create your own file, then put that file name in this position.

I like how you're handling the buttons on the right, I see you're using the Curse of Strahd theme for that. I think that's much cleaner than how I did it with mine. I may end up making an add-on or something to do the same. Keep up the nice work, and let me know if I can help you locate any of those pesky resources.
    Awesome! Yes, if you have Discord it would be great to be able to direct message you on there with small questions. Currently I am just going through other themes people have made to learn. If you want, feel free to join discord.gg/thespartanshow and thanks a ton for the help!

edit: this is the area of the party sheet I cant seem to change the font of - https://gyazo.com/3c1d986a979ca53aca577bd4f7813b39
    Last edited by TheSpartanShow; March 26th, 2017 at 20:47.

These are all instances of 'label_ps' in template_ps.xml which inherits 'label' in template_common.xml which uses the font sheetlabel. Below is the declaration.

Code:
    	<template name="label">
    		<stringcontrol>
    			<anchored height="20" />
    			<font>sheetlabel</font>
    			<nodrag />
    			<readonly />
    		</stringcontrol>
    	</template>
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Blog Entries
    When working on a project like this you will need to determine at which point you change the base font definition or you create a new font definition and change the font that those particular elements use. There are pro's and con's to both.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickademus View Post
    These are all instances of 'label_ps' in template_ps.xml which inherits 'label' in template_common.xml which uses the font sheetlabel. Below is the declaration.

Code:
    	<template name="label">
    		<stringcontrol>
    			<anchored height="20" />
    			<font>sheetlabel</font>
    			<nodrag />
    			<readonly />
    		</stringcontrol>
    	</template>
    Much thanks!

Can you describe the changes you are making?
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Thread Information