STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Copying an entry from the PHB?

I had added to an encounter, centering around a Tavern fight, a link to the "Combat" section in C&C PHB.
    When I was reviewing my work, I realized the section on pummel/grapple/subdual etc was in the middle and would not be immediately obvious without scrolling.
    So I tried to drag that entry link picture from the module/library to the Story section. Nothing happens. I had intended to copy it all then edit out all non applicable combat rules.

Is there any way I can "copy" a subsection in order to edit it and add it as a link to my adventure? If not, I will have to just recreate that subsection by hand which is not a terrible amount of work (especially since I own the 6th edition PHB PDF anyway) - but wanted to know what was the right way.

Highlight the text you want, hit Ctrl-C. Go to story entry, hit Ctrl-V.

Yup, I know how to highlight and copy.

Unfortunately, when I have this screen up:
    Attachment 18352

but nope, no way to highlight with the mouse. No cursor to do with a shift-arrow.

Usually, I can only edit an entry in 5e when I drag it to my campaign. I've done the same in C&C to the NPC section. I'm pretty sure I've done this in 5e (copy to story) but cannot swear to it.

Interesting. Yeah, it doesn't work in the PHB for C&C. I've done it from the CKG in the past, and just verified that it works on the CKG, but not on the PHB.

Cool to know. I hope it (not the CKG) is a bug.

Will wait a bit to see if any of the Devs notice this thread before try to contact them directly.

Quote Originally Posted by Varsuuk View Post
    Unfortunately, when I have this screen up:
    Attachment 18352

but nope, no way to highlight with the mouse. No cursor to do with a shift-arrow.
    That section of the module has a static="true" setting in the XML which sets the records to read only. <PlayersHandbook static="true">
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Aaaaand when I get off my posterior and finish the PHB 6th printing update, it will be reference manual format which is read-only by default...

Quote Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
    Aaaaand when I get off my posterior and finish the PHB 6th printing update, it will be reference manual format which is read-only by default...
    Bah to read only, I say.

Btw, presumably there will be a seventh edition PDF for you to use in couple months (Jun'17) may be better tasks to hit up meanwhile.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, they're killing me...

It's liable to be next year before it actually arrives in anyone's hands though, if the recent MTA Kickstarter is anything to go by.

I wish they'd actually fix stuff instead of just sending it to the printers.

Blog Entries
    Thats pretty much what a 7th Edition is... one or two rule changes, some new artwork and a few more errors fixed up... but not all of them...

Thread Information