FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Also what brand and model is the modem? That might help us tell you what setting to change.

Blog Entries
    He has a number of computers connecting via the modem(!!!)s wifi so bridge mode is out.
    Port triggering is not Port Forwarding.

On the modem port forward TCP1802 to the WAN IP of the router which will be 192.168.0.something
    On the router port forward TCP1802 to the IP of your computer which will be 192.168.1.something

the .somethings are important to get right.

this is the hardware information from my modem. the isp is Spectrum. within every area I can access, there is no option to port forward. the only option is to port trigger. if there is a port forward option, i cannot find it, and the Spectrum tech i talked to yesterday couldn't direct me to it.

System: ARRIS DOCSIS 3.0 Touchstone Data Gateway
    HW_REV: 1
    VENDOR: Arris Interactive, L.L.C.
    BOOTR: 1.2.1.62
    SW_REV: 7.5.63C.TW
    MODEL: DG860A
    Serial Number: DA5BU865G140343

nm.
    Last edited by Meethos; March 21st, 2017 at 15:11.

hello, using your information i opened the DMZ in the modem between the modem and the router...when i run the configuration test, it says success. i am not sure if opening the DMZ is safe, will my router still protect me even though my modem is open? I think what this DMZ does, is place the ip address i assign outside the NAT firewall of the modem. I just placed my router outside the NAT firewall.
    Last edited by Meethos; March 21st, 2017 at 15:16.

Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

no, but i just undid all my other stuff to try that, and that seems to work as well...thanks. i did not realize that virtual servers was port forwarding, thank you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Meethos View Post
    hello, using your information i opened the DMZ in the modem between the modem and the router...when i run the configuration test, it says success. i am not sure if opening the DMZ is safe, will my router still protect me even though my modem is open? I think what this DMZ does, is place the ip address i assign outside the NAT firewall of the modem. I just placed my router outside the NAT firewall.
    In this case yes - you should be still protected by the routers NAT.

i think you guys all really helped , thank you all for your input. with fantasy grounds open, i seem to be able to see that port 1802 is open, and i got a success when i ran a test. just waiting on one of my players to log in to test it now.

Awesome! I'm betting they will be able to connect now. If you want one of us to try, feel free to give us the alias to connect in.

Thread Information