FG Spreadshirt Swag

Modifying a Purchased Adventure

I am modifying Curse of Strahd as a Castlevania game, and editing lots of story, NPC names, tokens and items. I have no intention of ever sharing my module for others to run even if that was legal. I have seen some campaign creation guides and videos where it's recommended strongly that I export a module and leave the original as my development module. I don't understand why, and it seems to be giving me some headaches.

I added a new Amber Golem to the tokens in the campaign.
    I unlocked the Amber Golem NPC and updated it with the new token.
    I exported using the /export command and check all the options for what to export.
    I started a new campaign and in the library opened the module I exported.
    The Amber Golem NPC was not listed.
    In the library I opened the Strahd module.
    The Amber Golem NPC was listed, but it had the old token.

What am I not understanding here? I expected the changes to export. I'm tempted to just run with my development version when I host the live session, but I thought I would run it by you fine folks fist as you could be saving me a lot of heart ache if I'm setting myself up for problems later.

I am inclined to think that just copying my campaign folder and renaming it Development Backup Ver01 as I work on the module will be easier than worrying about all this exporting business.

At least it seems the purchased module is safe from me screwing it up completely and not making my changes stick to it should I ever want to run a vanilla Curse of Strahd campaign.

Thanks!
    (Bonus: How do I change my forum display name? Nalfien was a very old character when I first bought FG in the olden days as a live session assistant.)

Blog Entries
    Hey Nalfien - just play within your edit campaign. That advise about separate campaigns is mostly about campaigns you are writing or converting. You need to email support@ to change your forum name.

Thread Information