DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Setting up encounters - Already damaged?

This is specifically for Castles & Crusades, but I figured if it was supported, it was likely supported at the Core level.

Can you set up an encounter where NPCs in it are already damaged?
    I have the obvious workaround as drag-copy NPC to set their HP and blam, done.

Was wondering though, in this scenario I am converting, the NPC will never be healed - but what if healing WERE possible, then it would be convenient to have them come in with 4hp, 1 wnd.
    Obviously, I am not burdened much by this, can have them come in with 3. If they get healed, I up their max as well.

Just wondering.

On a related not (same npc), is it possible to preset "effects" on NPCs? like -1 to hit? (daylight attacks - I'm leaving as a clickable effect I created because it's technically possible the PCs may wait until nightfall to attack.)

Quote Originally Posted by Varsuuk View Post
    ... but I figured if it was supported, it was likely supported at the Core level.
    CoreRPG doesn't have a concept of damage as it can be wholly different from one RPG to another.

Can you set up an encounter where NPCs in it are already damaged?
    You'll need to have the NPC record already damaged, you can't change this just in the encounter record.

On a related not (same npc), is it possible to preset "effects" on NPCs? like -1 to hit? (daylight attacks - I'm leaving as a clickable effect I created because it's technically possible the PCs may wait until nightfall to attack.)
    Nope. You can add links to them, but you'll have to remember to apply them once the NPC is in the combat tracker. If you're wanting to have an automatically applied effect that gives -1 to attacks then you might consider reducing the bonus of the NPCs attacks by 1 to start with instead.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information