Page 3 of 6 First 12345 ... Last

Thread: Hot fix 1.05f

Hmm,

Was it all tokens or just one?

The two players could see other tokens and the letters when I dropped them on to replace the monsters they could not see. I didn't try restarting my side... we just went with it as it was.

rv

Quote Originally Posted by richvalle
    Hmm,

Was it all tokens or just one?

The two players could see other tokens and the letters when I dropped them on to replace the monsters they could not see. I didn't try restarting my side... we just went with it as it was.

rv
    We couldnt see any of the tokens... other 2 players didnt have a problem though.

I think this was caused by network issues, not neccesarily FG problems. I was using rather large files for the tokens (tranparent pngs) and adding allot to the maps. I think the network (sometime my network blows) was just overwhlemed trying to send out many new tokens to the 4 players all at once. I think I simply overloaded FG and the network. Numerous shares and the one restart seemed to sqwelch most of the issues.
    All drops last night happened after I added a token to the maps, the drops were so timed as to make it apparent that this addition of the token was connected to the drop.

Oh one thing to add, numerous times (before and after f) I have had players report to me that their notes have disappeared, in fact most have goen to making hand written notes outside of FG due to the instability. Anyone else experience this?

Quote Originally Posted by Snikle
    Oh one thing to add, numerous times (before and after f) I have had players report to me that their notes have disappeared, in fact most have goen to making hand written notes outside of FG due to the instability. Anyone else experience this?
    This was noticed by my players after we applied the f patch, but then everything was going wrong any way....

If they were logging out and back in as a different user they wouldn't be able to see the notes because this didn't belong to the new user name.

Quote Originally Posted by Cantstanzya
    If they were logging out and back in as a different user they wouldn't be able to see the notes because this didn't belong to the new user name.
    Yeah this just worked for me. In another game i had switched user names to try and fix the cant see myself bug, and just now I asked Snikle to start the server back up so i could see if the notes were there for the normal name i use, and my notes were there.

I'm very happy to report the 'CSM' bug appears to be finally dead! At least for my group. :wink: (though it seems dead for everyone else as well!)

We ran a 5 hour game with 5 players-we had one 'disconnect' (seemingly for 'no' reason') but this caused little issue as he just logged right back in.

Thank you VERY much for sticking with the 'CSM' bug!

/cheers the devs.

Likewise - the infamous CSM was about the only recurring bug that was a major problem. Map sharing also seems smoother ... stability was never much of an issue although I managed to cause FG to sulk last night when I logged on as a player to run an NPC in the game I DM. FG was a little unhappy about it and my PC came out in sympathy such that it totally shut down.

Otherwise the 1.06f seems (touch wood) to have resolved everything that was bugging my two groups - thanks.

Stuart
    Ad augusta per angusta

FG Con 12 – Fantasy Grounds Online RPG Convention - April 13-15 2018
    Register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

Played last night with "f" and had no problems.

This morning I noticed that The Sunless Citadel Module was still loaded, and every time I tried to turn it off FG crashed, however.

Not a *big* deal, as I can work around that, but worth noting.
    This space for rent!

Masking still causes client crashes.

I just realised I'm using map image files that are 1.5meg and up (with the largest being ~5 meg)

Other than masking, these large size map images aren't causing any problems, but I'm beginning to wonder if my groups masking issues aren't map-size related.

I'll experiment with smaller map sizes... Although hopefully I'll be able to use large maps with masking eventually
    -Bumamgar

Thread Information