FG Spreadshirt Swag

Is there a limit on how many can read a published module?

Yesterday I had 3 new players connect to my FG on ultimate license, to be able to guide them through the process I also had a second unlicensed computer connected to my server. I instructed the players to open the DD PHB Deluxe module that is published from my computer. I opened it first without problem and then one of the players did the same. When the second and third player tried to open it the modules just closed again directly. After trying for a moment I closed it on my second computer and directly one more player could use it but the third could still not use the PHB before one of the players closed it.

Is this the intended behavior or is there something strange going on in my server?

That is not intended behavior. I'm sure some people will be by to offer some advice. If that doesn't find a fix, then send a report to [email protected].
    Ultimate License Holder GM

Games currently Playing: AD&D, DCC RPG and D&D 5e

Finished Projects: AD&D Ruleset
    New School NPC Maker 5E
    New School NPC Maker PFRPG - 3.5E
    Old School NPC Maker

Current Projects:

1) Adventure Module.
    2) Maintaining and improving released projects.
    3) C.O.O.L. Beasts
    4) Basic Fantasy Ruleset
    5) Metamorphosis Alpha Ruleset

I've never heard of opening/closing module on different computers affecting others.

I'm guessing that the module data was still being transferred to the other players and it was just coincidence that the data had finished downloading round about the time that the other modules were closed.

FYI - please use the House of Healing forums for general support issues (which you did - thanks for that). The support email address is usually recommended for escalating issues that only the SmiteWorks staff can fix (licenses, refunds, etc.). You'll get a wider knowledge base and (probably) a faster response to your issue on the forums.
    Last edited by Trenloe; March 10th, 2017 at 05:04.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Right. Hence why I stated to try to find an answer here first. Usually one can be found without needing to escalate.
    Ultimate License Holder GM

Games currently Playing: AD&D, DCC RPG and D&D 5e

Finished Projects: AD&D Ruleset
    New School NPC Maker 5E
    New School NPC Maker PFRPG - 3.5E
    Old School NPC Maker

Current Projects:

1) Adventure Module.
    2) Maintaining and improving released projects.
    3) C.O.O.L. Beasts
    4) Basic Fantasy Ruleset
    5) Metamorphosis Alpha Ruleset

I'm quite sure the module wasn't in transition and since there has been a few updates since we last used the PHB for character creation i just wanted to make sure I don't escalate anything that is common knowledge. I'll give it some more troubleshooting with a few dummy clients and closing any modules before I decide that there actually is a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Galdrin View Post
    I'm quite sure the module wasn't in transition and since there has been a few updates since we last used the PHB for character creation i just wanted to make sure I don't escalate anything that is common knowledge.
    You said it was "3 new players"?

This really sounds like:

1) The players with the problem may have been "clicking" on the books instead of "sliding/pulling" them open. New players mess that up all the time. Heck, not so new players mess that up all the time.
    1a) And even when you do get the books open correctly, FG can crush the performance of your computer while grabbing the books for the first time (or maybe updating them). This can make them *think* they are doing stuff (i.e. clicking, dragging, etc.) without the actions being reflected on the screen in a timely manner.

If any of them has reinstalled FG, changed their data directory, or never downloaded the books before (or updating them for whatever reason) they're going to get some quirky behaviour for a bit. Especially if they were possibly opening multiple resources at once.

My thought was also that he was clicking the book, but no.

He managed to "open the book"-icon but it never opened the book in library and if he closed the modules page and the reopened it the book showed the "closed book"-icon again.

I'm with Trenloe on this one. Almost certainly the case that the PHB was still downloading. That can take along time if you have a lot of people connecting at once; even on a fast network. The way to test is have one connect and then don't allow another to connect until the first can open the PHB.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information