Dungeons & Dragons 2024 Core Rulebooks Pre-Order

Thread: Jarhead's Game

Western Tennessee, near the Mississippi River

Jarhead's Game

So, I am new to running a game. I really enjoy 5E and FG. I have plenty of free time and have found it difficult to fill it. I am in two weekly games that meet pretty regularly, but I would like to have more, I know there are plenty of you out there looking also. So here we go........

License: GM has Ultimate
    System: 5E

Time Zone: US Central - St. Louis, Memphis, New Orleans, Chicago, Dallas, Minneapolis

Day/Time: Mondays; 6pm - 9pm (US Central)
    Start Date: Looking at 20 March
    Frequency: Weekly - that means EVERY MONDAY
    Term: Hopefully very long term

Text/Voice: Voice
    Voice Software: Either TS or Discord

RP/Combat: Player Determined - DM is an RP guy so.........
    # of Players: Have 2 committed, need 3 more COMMITTED players

Starting Level: see details
    Restrictions: see details, we will discuss

Details: This group will begin play with "Lost Mines". This module will be used as a "get acquainted" game for me to learn how to run a game and for the players to get used to me and each other. Once completed, we will turn to the "Tyranny of Dragons" storyline. In the Lost Mines portion the players will be using the PreGens as this will just be a team/group building game. You will be creating characters for the "real" adventure after taking care of the problems in Phandalin.

Those interested please PM me and I will contact you. I will post once the group is full.

Link to calendar: www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=2467

Well Ex Military Here Intrested in playing i enjoy the game mondays at that time would be fine for me what time would that be in puerto rico ?? i dont know my time zone

Give me a chance and i will be long term or until I get killed in game hahahaha but i would enjoy to play same ppl for long run i have been playing with some friends on xbox for 6 years in a row untill
    one ended up in jail but that is a story for another time
    Last edited by SethChaos; March 9th, 2017 at 20:45.

Greetings everyone!

I have been skimming across different games to join and this one piqued my interests.

I am also previously military, Navy, though, hope you don't hold that against me :P

I would definitely be interested in joining your game. I have somehow managed to completely miss any and every Lost Mines of Phandelver game and would love to play in it.

Of note, I have play Tyranny of Dragons, and I am currently finishing up Rise of Tiamat in a game I am running myself. I would understand if that is a problem. In my defense, I can say that I enjoy the roleplay aspect, and as a fellow Storyteller, I know how to keep metagaming out of my play.

A little bit about me:
    I have been playing D&D specifically for quite a while, since the '90s, and running games almost as long. I love the stories that can be built and the camaraderie that can be had with a great group.

My own playing style varies based on what I am playing, so I would enjoy any game, but those focused on roleplaying and puzzle solving definitely rate higher than a full combat game.

My personal interests for characters usually involve charisma based, I enjoy being the face of the party though not necessarily the leader, though if there is a need for someone to make decisions I would definitely stand up.

Gaming is more of an experience of creating a story and enjoying it with friends for me, so expect me to chat with you guys between games and plot and plan new strategies for some of the challenges we have in the game.

Finally, Monday evenings here (Eastern Time US) are great for me, I usually have them off of work and college. I don't see that changing until maybe the Fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrayeus View Post
    Greetings everyone!

I have been skimming across different games to join and this one piqued my interests.

I am also previously military, Navy, though, hope you don't hold that against me :P

I would definitely be interested in joining your game. I have somehow managed to completely miss any and every Lost Mines of Phandelver game and would love to play in it.

Of note, I have play Tyranny of Dragons, and I am currently finishing up Rise of Tiamat in a game I am running myself. I would understand if that is a problem. In my defense, I can say that I enjoy the roleplay aspect, and as a fellow Storyteller, I know how to keep metagaming out of my play.

A little bit about me:
    I have been playing D&D specifically for quite a while, since the '90s, and running games almost as long. I love the stories that can be built and the camaraderie that can be had with a great group.

My own playing style varies based on what I am playing, so I would enjoy any game, but those focused on roleplaying and puzzle solving definitely rate higher than a full combat game.

My personal interests for characters usually involve charisma based, I enjoy being the face of the party though not necessarily the leader, though if there is a need for someone to make decisions I would definitely stand up.

Gaming is more of an experience of creating a story and enjoying it with friends for me, so expect me to chat with you guys between games and plot and plan new strategies for some of the challenges we have in the game.

Finally, Monday evenings here (Eastern Time US) are great for me, I usually have them off of work and college. I don't see that changing until maybe the Fall.
    welcome retired from the navy too add me as friend if u like lets hope we play together if anything hit me up

Quote Originally Posted by SethChaos View Post
    welcome retired from the navy too add me as friend if u like lets hope we play together if anything hit me up

Sounds great!

i dont know my time zone
    FYI Puerto Rico is at UTC -4 (us ol' comrades-in-arms gotta stick together )
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Quote Originally Posted by dulux-oz View Post
    FYI Puerto Rico is at UTC -4 (us ol' comrades-in-arms gotta stick together )
    Yeah, I figured that out and passed that word on. I'm kinda gettin used to this new interweb thing.

I would be interested in playing, I'm also previous military though I was Army. I'm in Texas and will be available Monday afternoons since i'm attending online school for the time being.

what time would that be in puerto rico ?? i dont know my time zone
    Puerto Rico is in the "Atlantic" Time Zone. GMT-4, no daylight saving.

Thanks for all the interest. The game is full at this time.

Thread Information