5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 5 of 20 First ... 3456715 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaDecay View Post
    So I've been importing data from the player's handbook... Two things, first its a bit minor but it seems like I can't resize the character sheet (grabbing the little resizer in the bottom right of the window), and second - how would I go about linking skills to their info icon? For example, I made a skill for Traditions but when clicking on the info icon on the Skills tab it says "Unable to open window using wildcard link, because no module containing that link is open." I don't mind digging into the xml - I'm just not a pro at it and if there is any pointers that would be nice. Thanks.
    Hi, AlphaDecay.

I'll look into the character sheet not resizing. It used to resize so there's likely just a bug in the sheet since the latest update, I would hope it's not too difficult to fix.

As for the skill references I do not know how to fix that as of yet but it's something I was thinking about recently. I'll add it to the list.

Thanks for reporting these!

No problem, if I figure anything out I'll post it. I'm trying to make the AiME module be a standalone (not need the DD PHB open for data/info). Got all of the cultures and virtues done plus reference (although not yet in the reference module format - just organized story entries). Working on classes now.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaDecay View Post
    No problem, if I figure anything out I'll post it. I'm trying to make the AiME module be a standalone (not need the DD PHB open for data/info). Got all of the cultures and virtues done plus reference (although not yet in the reference module format - just organized story entries). Working on classes now.
    That's pretty good! I have only had time to enter all backgrounds. Was going to try virtues next as those are simple. Not hard, just takes time.

Anyways, I'll take a look when I get a few moments, at least the character sheet can be used without errors, hopefully it's small enough to fit on all screens. Really the only thing I did was change the minimum height and width. Oh well, I'm sure it will be simple.

Happy gaming!

FYI - you can still resize the character sheet the good old CTRL+click&drag way. See Windows -> Sizing here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...Basics#Windows
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    FYI - you can still resize the character sheet the good old CTRL+click&drag way. See Windows -> Sizing here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...Basics#Windows
    That worked great, thanks, Trenloe!

AlphaDecay, just do as Trenloe instructs and the character sheet will resize without error, or at least it did with me.

Gotcha on the resize thing, interesting the grabber doesn't work. What follows doesn't solve any problems, but is what I've seen digging through things (as a person who has never looked at the guts of FG before). Anyway I've been digging around on the skill issue and as I understand it, if you don't replace a file, the original is used. So, in the /campaign/scripts folder for 5th edition is a char_skillist.lua file. At line 99 it shows:
    Code:
    match.shortcut.setValue("ref_ability", "reference.skilldata." .. t.lookup .. "@*");
    Now, when one does an export and creates a module, a common.xml file is created which is a data repository of the stuff one has created. In the case of skills there is a section in the "lists" area that looks like (for me using the acrobatics skill I made):
    Code:
    <reference_skill>
    	<name type="string">Skills</name>
    	<index>
    		<id-00001>
    			<listlink type="windowreference">
    				<class>reference_skill</class>
    				<recordname>reference.skilldata.id-00001@Adventures in Middle Earth PHB</recordname>
    			</listlink>
    			<name type="string">Acrobatics</name>
    		</id-00001>
    	</index>
    </reference_skill>
    You can see the reference.skilldata bit there and the "id-00001" is a reference to the "reference" section further down in the common.xml file, which contains sections for classes, feats, races, etc.. and in the above example looks like (for my custom module):
    Code:
    <skilldata>
    	<category name="AiME PHB" baseicon="0" decalicon="0">
    		<id-00001>
    			<locked type="number">1</locked>
    			<name type="string">Acrobatics</name>
    			<stat type="string">Dexterity</stat>
    			<text type="formattedtext">
    				<p>Your Dexterity (Acrobatics) check covers your attempt to stay on your feet in a tricky situation, such as when you're trying to run across a sheet of ice, balance on a tightrope, or stay upright on a rocking ship's deck. The DM might also call for a Dexterity (Acrobatics) check to see if you can perform acrobatic stunts, including dives, rolls, somersaults, and flips.</p>
    			</text>
    		</id-00001>
    	</category>
    </skilldata>
    So maybe the char_skillist.lua needs to be changed to be able to "find" these custom skills? Although one could open the DD PHB and get most of the skills, it doesn't solve the issue for the new skills that need to be created. If one can solve the issue for the new skills, then one could not use the DD PHB at all and just make new entries for all of the skills (and thus not need the PHB open to play an AiME session, just the custom data module and your extension for the character sheet). As I cant "unzip" the DD PHB (as far as I know), I can't look at their common.xml file to make the links line up in my common.xml - plus I don't know what kind of "id" your extension is looking for when clicking on the new skills.

Thank you, AlphaDecay.

I'll take a look at this when I can. Though my original intent was to open the PHB so that rules could be looked up and skill explanations could be found but maybe this will allow me to not need to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by NotRussellCrowe View Post
    Known Bugs: Corruption field label doesn't show at all.
    Typo in the string definition:

Code:
    <stirng name="char_label_corruption">COR</stirng>

Figure out why the Miserable checkbox label will only ever show "M" instead of whatever my string constant is set to
    The control label_charfieldtop is anchored to a control using the <anchored position="above" offset="0,3" /> definition. above means that it inherits the width of the control it's anchored to. This control is a buttongroup_counter control which dynamically sizes based off how many buttons it contains - and as there is one button, it's sizing to be quite narrow - which the label picks up and so only has space to show the first letter.

You're probably better off just using a standard label control for this - and set the anchor to a corner (so width and height aren't inherited) and then set the width etc. yourself. For example:
    Code:
    			<label>
    				<anchored to="miserable" position="lefthigh" offset="-25,-35" width="40" height="20" />
    				<static textres="char_label_miserable" />
    				<tooltip textres="char_tooltip_miserable" />
    				<font>subwindowsmalltitle</font>
    				<center />
    			</label>
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thank you very much, Trenloe!!

New version has been uploaded.

AlphaDecay, I haven't done anything about skill description links. My plans to run AiME this fall has changed so I haven't been working on the Player's Guide. I suspect you could modify the extension with your new skill IDs in your own module and it would work, but I haven't dug into it much lately.

Thanks again everyone. Happy gaming!

Quote Originally Posted by NotRussellCrowe View Post
    Thank you very much, Trenloe!!

New version has been uploaded.
    Fantastic!

I'll be using this in about 2 hours for a face-to-face game.

Thread Information