5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last
    Standard License allows you to host other players who also have a standard license.

Ultimate License allows you to host players who don't possess a license at all i.e. demo users.

Here is the skinny on that:

You only would consider getting an Ultimate License if a) you have already a group of friends that you want to play with and can't convince them to get their own standard licenses (or they are going to chip in to help you purchase the Ultimate license because it might be cheaper than each player buying their own standard license) or b) which is often the case for us longstanders, we have Ultimate because we want to be welcoming to new people coming to Fantasy Grounds and teach the newbies.

If you don't fit one of those two use cases, you really don't need anything more than standard at this point.

Nonetheless, I'll provide the information anyways: Ultimate costs $150 or $10.00 per month. Standard can be upgraded to Ultimate at any time for $110 or activating the ultimate subscription.

Just to be clear: Ultimate does not imply you get more content. It only provides the ability to host free players. That is all.

As such, unless you personally have friends in your gaming group willing to take up a collection to purchase an ultimate license or subscription, I would 100% recommend sticking with the Standard at this point.
    Ultimate License Holder GM

Games currently Playing: AD&D, DCC RPG and D&D 5e

Finished Projects: AD&D Ruleset
    New School NPC Maker 5E
    New School NPC Maker PFRPG - 3.5E
    Old School NPC Maker

Current Projects:

1) Adventure Module.
    2) Maintaining and improving released projects.
    3) C.O.O.L. Beasts
    4) Basic Fantasy Ruleset
    5) Metamorphosis Alpha Ruleset

Blog Entries
    You can try the $10 ultimate subscription out and if you dont like it cancel before the month is out and get a refund.
    If you do like it have your players tip in a few bucks a month to pay for your ongoing subscription.
    If you are always the GM that is the easiest/cheapest way to do it.

Also note that in Steam you can get a 4 for 3 price bundle of standard licenses.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/252690/

look for "Buy Fantasy Grounds Four Pack"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    That is the total number of gaming sessions ran using the Star Wars EotE ruleset in 2016.
    Trenloe,
    I thought that the FG statistics only counted games when an Ultimate license was used to host? I thought that if all players had standard licenses, then the FG server was never contacted and no statistics were gathered. Is that not the case?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Nope, the statistics are generated for any session opened on FG, but we only count sessions that get at least one player in our statistics we generate in order to cull out preparation mode activities. This also precludes data from people using as GM helper at live table, but there's only so much we can guess at.

JPG

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Nope, the statistics are generated for any session opened on FG, but we only count sessions that get at least one player in our statistics we generate in order to cull out preparation mode activities. This also precludes data from people using as GM helper at live table, but there's only so much we can guess at.

JPG
    Ah, ok.Thanks and good to know how it actually works

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

John, didn't you and Doug say that these stats only count the Ultimate licenses and games using the alias system, and couldn't include games using the direct IP addresses?

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    You can try the $10 ultimate subscription out and if you dont like it cancel before the month is out and get a refund.
    If you do like it have your players tip in a few bucks a month to pay for your ongoing subscription.
    If you are always the GM that is the easiest/cheapest way to do it.
    Thanks for the tip, I'll check it out!

In prior years, that's all the data we had.

We improved the reporting last year to provide better visibility into game system, extension, module and option usage.

Regards,
    JPG

So, the Demo isn't working for me. There's a Mac version right?

I clicked the Downloads > Demo tab, then I download a .exe file which is for Microsoft Windows.

EDIT: I see there may be a Steam version, but on principle I try to avoid Steam due to their DRM.

Thread Information