DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

GM ownership of characters

I am using the character creation screen to make nasty NPC's for my players to face. How do I give the GM ownership of those characters so when I assign tokens to them, the token does not disappear when I save the NPC.

Right-click on them in the Character Selection window. Choose the east option (I think) that assigns them to the GM.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

You will need to connect to your campaign using localhost for host address. Then select the characters you don't want the players to see. This will assign you as the owner so they won't show up in the character selection window for the players.

My apologies. I normally look to see what ruleset a post is referring to. I guess I was in a bit of a rush this time.

I don't have the Rolemaster ruleset, otherwise I would look to see how easily the code would be to port over from 5e. It shouldn't be too hard to add a right-click option that denotes the owner as the GM. But I'd have to look.

Blog Entries
    Another feature to add to my list of missing features.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

If you really want it, the specific code is here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ship-Extension

Ooh, look - a good reason to not remove old/obsolete extensions from the forums! (Sorry, a reference to another thread).
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

The code was pretty easy to add. I just added it with a few other changes. Hopefully it will be available within a couple weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Ooh, look - a good reason to not remove old/obsolete extensions from the forums! (Sorry, a reference to another thread).
    I don't know the thread of which you speak, but my vote is with you. Archive, don't delete, old resources.

Glad to see this got sorted out.

Blog Entries
    Excellent.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Dakadin View Post
    The code was pretty easy to add. I just added it with a few other changes. Hopefully it will be available within a couple weeks.
    Thanks for your continued time involved, Dakadin!

Thread Information