5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last

New Class Creation Video

I've created a video showing how to create a new class using Fantasy Grounds.

You can view it here.

If you'd like to see more videos (assuming you understand what I'm saying) I'm open to suggestions on the kinds of things you'd like to see.

Added another video which shows how to add the spellcasting ability to various class types and also shows how to add an archetype to an existing class.

Link here.
    Last edited by Zacchaeus; October 27th, 2018 at 12:08.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Good video. I would comment on the class design itself, but that's not the purpose of the video.

It doesn't fall in line with the format of the PHB, but it could be mentioned that making a set of features at zero-level and linking them to another feature will allow the player to make a choice by dragging the subfeature they choose onto their character sheet. Some people designing classes might prefer this to having a single feature that lists out multiple choices (like Fighting Style) and requiring the player to note somewhere which choice they made.

Can't think of anything else for you to make a video of; I think you covered all the complexity in the new FG asset creation (until a reference manual can be made in-program).
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

This series of videos is really great. I appreciate the Scottish theme. I hope you'll be running a game at FG Con with these classes, races, and backgrounds!

Keep them up, they're really good!!

Oh gods, a whole party of highlanders... How quickly do you think the party would wipe? Might not finish the session.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickademus View Post
    Oh gods, a whole party of highlanders... How quickly do you think the party would wipe? Might not finish the session.
    Aye, but the ale would be finished!

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    I've created a video showing how to create a new class using Fantasy Grounds.

You can view it here.

If you'd like to see more videos (assuming you understand what I'm saying) I'm open to suggestions on the kinds of things you'd like to see.
    Again, well made and easy to follow. I like that you just dive into the tutorial rather than spend a lot of time in preamble mode.

I'm also very jealous at how smooth your UI behaves. I've reported in another thread my own struggles with the UI performance. It would easily take me 3x the time to perform the same editing tasks you did because every mouse and keyboard action I take comes with a 1-2 second lag. I am not posting this to troubleshoot this issue here (that's what the other thread is for ), but I would be interested in your gear specs. I'm considering just building a new machine that is better suited for gaming but I don't want to get something that still doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Nylanfs View Post
    That's just sick.

Quote Originally Posted by TMO View Post
    Again, well made and easy to follow. I like that you just dive into the tutorial rather than spend a lot of time in preamble mode.

I'm also very jealous at how smooth your UI behaves. I've reported in another thread my own struggles with the UI performance. It would easily take me 3x the time to perform the same editing tasks you did because every mouse and keyboard action I take comes with a 1-2 second lag. I am not posting this to troubleshoot this issue here (that's what the other thread is for ), but I would be interested in your gear specs. I'm considering just building a new machine that is better suited for gaming but I don't want to get something that still doesn't work.
    Actually more advanced machines can be more problematical because FG is a single thread 32 bit application - so in this case more power isn't necessarily the solution. But anyway mine is an 17-6700k CPU running at 4Gh, 16Gb RAM, running Win 10 with a Gforce GTX 1080
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

GREAT video, thank you for the tutorials! My only thing is you are so quiet, i have my sound all the way up and can barely hear you, but i get a message or any other sound and it blows out my speakers. i actually notice that in a lot of the tutorials, its almost like you guys are whispering, or afraid of bothering the person in the room with you, which is really unfortunate because you say some great things

Thread Information