5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 5 of 6 First ... 3456 Last
    Par5e is no longer available or supported.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    I've created a video showing how to create a new class using Fantasy Grounds.

You can view it here.

If you'd like to see more videos (assuming you understand what I'm saying) I'm open to suggestions on the kinds of things you'd like to see.

Added another video which shows how to add the spellcasting ability to various class types and also shows how to add an archetype to an existing class.

Link here.
    Thank you, to you and the other people making videos and helping people out. I dropped off the face of the earth for a few months but nice to come back and still see the helpful community .

So, I just get stuck right at the very start. I don't know if it's because they changed how things work in general, or if it's because I installed FGU and things are different, but even in FGC it's completely different. I currently only have the free/Demo version of FGU, but I have a Standard license of FGC, and from what I can tell it's functionally identical in layout. So, my problem is, instead of that nice menu you get when you hit Library, all I'm getting is a list of modules to pick from.

For clarification, this is what you get when you hit the Library button:
    YourLibrary.png

vs. what I get when I hit it:
    MyLibrary.png

(Note that your library pic was actually taken from your Create a Race vid, but I'm having problems with both.)

And I just don't know what I'm doing wrong or how I can fix it. Any ideas? I created a campaign using D&D5E ruleset and I'm trying from there, and my entire sidebar looks entirely different (and also different from when I was playing last year, which was basically how yours looked). Again, I dont' know if this is an FGC>FGU thing, but I have the same results in both (Standard) FGC and (Demo) FGU.

Quote Originally Posted by LrdSlvrhnd View Post
    So, I just get stuck right at the very start. I don't know if it's because they changed how things work in general, or if it's because I installed FGU and things are different, but even in FGC it's completely different. I currently only have the free/Demo version of FGU, but I have a Standard license of FGC, and from what I can tell it's functionally identical in layout. So, my problem is, instead of that nice menu you get when you hit Library, all I'm getting is a list of modules to pick from.

For clarification, this is what you get when you hit the Library button:
    YourLibrary.png

vs. what I get when I hit it:
    MyLibrary.png

(Note that your library pic was actually taken from your Create a Race vid, but I'm having problems with both.)

And I just don't know what I'm doing wrong or how I can fix it. Any ideas? I created a campaign using D&D5E ruleset and I'm trying from there, and my entire sidebar looks entirely different (and also different from when I was playing last year, which was basically how yours looked). Again, I dont' know if this is an FGC>FGU thing, but I have the same results in both (Standard) FGC and (Demo) FGU.
    Welcome to the Forums Lrd Slvrhnd

The option you are looking for, is now under options -> sidebar. It was was just recently moved here.

Quote Originally Posted by Fear Grounds View Post
    Welcome to the Forums Lrd Slvrhnd

The option you are looking for, is now under options -> sidebar. It was was just recently moved here.
    A-HA! That did it! Thanks ever so much!

Out of curiosity, if I wanted to create a subclass of an existing PHB class (Barbarian subclass), would this video help with this?

Quote Originally Posted by Dax Doomslayer View Post
    Out of curiosity, if I wanted to create a subclass of an existing PHB class (Barbarian subclass), would this video help with this?
    Subclasses are covered quite well in this video! They are just referred to as specializations instead of subclass in the video.

Quote Originally Posted by Dax Doomslayer View Post
    Yes, use the second link in the first post which covers this exactly.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Cool - thanks folks!! I guess I failed my reading Perception roll...

Thread Information