FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Drag & Drop Spells?

Sorry if this has been covered, but my wizard players can't seem to build spell books by dragging and dropping the spells out of the spellbook modules anymore. They used to be able to. Perhaps they just need to do it a different way?

Running PFRPG ruleset.

By building spell books, do you mean building their own modules using the core rules/downloaded modules, or do you mean draging spells onto their character sheets?

Drag & Drop onto character sheets. I suspect it's just something that's disabled for now and is coming up in the official release.

Okay, i just made a test to drag spells from the following modules...

PFRPG Archive Spells
    Farnaby's Spellbook (PFRPG)
    PFRPG Spells

They were added to the character sheet just fine.

However, i got a script error box that opened. Might be something on my end though.

I am using FG v3.3.0 (Test)

Note, i tried this with two clients running locally on my machine, none of them were the demo version. If you want, i can make a test using two machines, one running the demo.

The player needs to setup their spells per level (click the magnifying glass on the spell group to get additional data fields). Then this will show the heading bars for each level. Drag/drop spells to these level heading bars.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

You should be able to drag and drop spells from the SRD modules onto a spell class on the PC Actions tab (if you use the class spell list) or onto a specific level of a spell class (if you use the master spell list).

To add a spell class, click on the brown slash button on the bottom right of the PC Actions tab to enable edit mode, click on the blue star button to add a spell class, and click the brown slash button to turn off edit mode.
    To enable a specific level for a spell class, you can click on the magnifying glass on the spell class entry, and enter a number greater than 1 for the spells available for that spell level.

There's a feature in the next version to make it a little easier. (If you drop a master spell list entry onto a spell class, a popup dialog will ask you which level to add the spell to.)

Regards,
    JPG

Jupp, what they said. Just tried it on two machines, one running the demo and it worked just fine, as long as you do it the way Trenloe and JPG described above.

Well that's odd. When me or any of my characters drag and drop from, for example, Farnaby's Spellbook, into the character sheet... nothing happens. I'm running 3.3.0 (Test). I'm thinking uninstalling Fantasy Grounds / Reinstall?

Does it work when you use either the 3.5E or PFRPG SRD spellbook modules that come with FG?

JPG

No, neither of those. Just loaded the 3.5 module and tried it out. I've been trying the PFRPG SRD spellbook and Farnaby's

Thread Information