STAR TREK 2d20
    Blog Entries

custom extension

Can anyone here create a custom extension? If you can, of course I would compensate you. This kind of thing is a little out of my expertise. Please private message me for the details of the extension I'm looking for.

Thanks in advance,
    Mike
    See through the skies, far beyond our world tonight,
    Hear the sounds of freedom ring, in a silent dream,
    and a million miles away.
    Reach for the stars, and live our lives forever free,
    In our hearts for a thousand years, and a thousand lifetimes before.

And the dawn of a new day will rise, a light for us all. -Dragonforce

Blog Entries
    Yes, you are probably right. I've written about what I'd like to see in this extension before and I was just hoping not to burn people out on the subject. OK, so this is what I'd like to do and I know there are a lot of opinions about this subject. It has to do with the DM fudging the player's rolls. I know, I should probably be turned in to DM ethics services, but hear me out. The purpose is not to control every single roll the player's make. It's simply to tell my story better and achieve storyline outcomes through the player's rolls. I know they can roll in the tower and I can just say a different result. I know there is a new feature that allows the player's to input their own rolls, but again, not what I'm shooting for. It shows "manual roll" every time they do. What I'm wanting is to input the number I want before they roll, have the player roll and think that the result is theirs. It's mainly because I'm a big fan of crit hits and misses and I often provide weapons that will kill on a 20. It's far more cinematic for them to roll that 20 and do the victory dance, than to say, "OK, even though you didn't crit, the last swing was a hit, got them down to 0 hit points, they're dead".

That being said, there is an old manual extension, /openwindow manualattackroll which is only available for 5E. You can bring up this window, input your number and the player will roll this number. NOT the animated die, I understand that it won't do that, but will show the die icon with the number in it that you input in advance. HOWEVER, it won't work if the player rolls on monster token, only if they roll in the tower. But then they won't see their roll.

What I'm wanting is an extension that works with 3.5, Pathfinder and 5E where they can drop their attack die on the token, and their roll comes up with what I've pre-input. It's mainly just for attack rolls and for certain situations, 90% of the time, I probably won't lean on it. But when I need it, it would be nice to have. It's not for skills or saves, although that would be nice too. That much more control over my outcomes.

Is this possible? Any help would be appreciated.

Mike
    See through the skies, far beyond our world tonight,
    Hear the sounds of freedom ring, in a silent dream,
    and a million miles away.
    Reach for the stars, and live our lives forever free,
    In our hearts for a thousand years, and a thousand lifetimes before.

And the dawn of a new day will rise, a light for us all. -Dragonforce

Thread Information