FG Spreadshirt Swag

Squaring Up Maps Properly

I have a couple of maps that are driving me crazy... They are extracted from a PDF and already have gridlines printed on them.

No matter how much I adjust the grid layer, it's fine for part of the map and then starts to 'drift'. When I check the squares in photoshop, they're perfectly square so I don't know what's happening between saving them out of PS and loading them into FG.

Is there some process you guys use to alleviate this drift?

Thanks!
    Jim Hale
    Ultimate License - D&D5E (AL)
    DDAL-DCI: 4317029791
    Game Signups (Calendar)

Blog Entries
    If the map is in a published module, is likely that it was scaled down from larger artwork. If the artwork was scaled, say 67%, then a 50 pixel grid would be 33.5 pixels. It's still square, but the grid would not align with the pixels, but rather pixel boundaries. Scaling the source art in Photoshop would fix this. I would recommend overlaying a uniform grid in Photoshop and see if the same drift occurs.

This very, very handy tool might help get the map resized appropriately. It's written specifically with this type of issue in mind: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...gn-map-to-grid
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Perfecto!

Thanks ya'll.
    Jim Hale
    Ultimate License - D&D5E (AL)
    DDAL-DCI: 4317029791
    Game Signups (Calendar)

Blog Entries
    Also sometimes they have grids that vary across the map. there is a grid tool in the images header 9once unlocked) and every now and again you can use the nudge tools to realign the map in the area the party currently find themselves.

Thread Information