Fantasy Grounds Merchandise

sorry for this toppic

first sorry for this topic but when I visited this forum I got totaly lost in al the topics and I couldn't find anything I wanted

oke now what I realy wanted to say

I'm someone who thinks about buying FG but firts I wanted to know what actualy already is available for it en if some things who aren't realy availible in the demo are available in the full version.

oke I was wandering if it was availible to change roll as a dm for DM-cheating ( if you get what I mean)

and if it was possible that you could send private messages from player to player and from dm to player and from player to dm

this were the importend question about the program

now about the material available I noticed that there are may things available for FG but I was wandering if there were good useable mini's or tokens availible instead of the tokens in FG and if there are already availible the rules of some D&D rule book to add in your version and if some new rule etc. will be added in new patches

I hope you can understand everything I mean If that is not the situation I'm verry sorry

Re: sorry for this toppic

Quote Originally Posted by Olvar Nailo
    first sorry for this topic but when I visited this forum I got totaly lost in al the topics and I couldn't find anything i wanted

oke now what I realy wanted to say

I'm someone who is thinking about buying FG but firts I wnated to now what actualy already is available for it en if some things who aren't realy availible in the demo are availabl in the full version.

oke I was wandering if it was availible to to cheat as a dm ( if you get what i mean)

and if it was possible that you could send private messages from player to player and from dm to player and fromplayer to dm

this were the importend question about the program

nou about the material available I noteced that there are may thing availabl for FG but I was wandering if thar were good usable mini's or tokens availible instead of the tokens in FG and if there are already the rules of some D&D rule book availible to ad in your version and if some nowe rule etc. will be added in new patches

I hope you can understand everything I mean If that is not the situation I'm verry sorry
    Cheating: yes and no. The dm's dice rolls are hidden. I don't share what the rolls are so I can cheat as needed. If you share every roll so players can see them, then no. I've though about asking to allow this (fudge a die roll before sharing it) but haven't needed it enough to bother.

There is private messages from player to dm and dm to player. Not from player to player though. I have thought that, in a pinch, a player could send a message to the dm and ask him to send it on to another player. It would be cumbersome but it would work.

Tokens are very easy to add. I go to the wotc web site and copy the pic used for there on line d20 rules and then shrink it down to be the token for the monster. For characters there are tons of character portraist out there that you can use. Neverwinter vault for example.

The basic d20 rules are in place already. A fuller d20 srd set is available to buy at a very reasonable $5 and is well worth the price (I think).

Rule sets are pretty easy to change if you want to vary from the base d20. If you want a totaly new rule set (non-d20 or non dnd) it can be done but will require more work modifing the xml files and default images.

Hope that helps.

rv

Cheating as a DM depends on what you mean. If you mean breaking the rules according to the ruleset, then yah, you can do that. This application does not limit you to strict automation. You can do practically anything you want.

As Richvalle said, you cannot send messages from player to player. Some people have asked for that particular feature, but from a development perspective, it doesn't look 'accidental'. I think it was implemented that way because there was no real reason to whisper between players unless you were either talking behind the DM's back or another player's back. It works for DM to player and player to DM because the DM sometimes need to keep information hidden, but there's no actual reason for a player to keep something hidden from the DM (other than his notes).

You can create your own tokens if you want (miniatures I guess), but all that comes with FG are letter tokens. I can't quite understand why they didn't include numbered tokens. It seems like an obvious thing to implement. Your not going to name all 40 of your followers or anything.

Hey Olvar,

I'm guessing from your post that English is not your first language. Don't worry your English is undoubtably better than my attempt at your first language (Spanish I'm guessing????)

Anyway, I hope Richevalle and Alkaven have answered your questions.

I only want to add that the program lets you do most everything that the books teach. It never tells any player they have broken a rule. It shows every roll by the players to the DM but hides the DM's rolls from the players.

The chat window is the primary communication but some people run chat programs to use speach over the internet as well. I don't think there is a lot of support for accents and non english characters - but I don't use them to know.

You are welcome to post here Olvar. Your question is one of the better that I have read this week.

Sigurd.

Good luck with the game

The software supports ISO-8859-15(Latin9, which is an extended Latin1) character set, which covers most West European languages. This includes French (fr), Spanish (es), Catalan (ca), Basque (eu), Portuguese (pt), Italian (it), Albanian (sq), Rhaeto-Romanic (rm), Dutch (nl), German (de), Danish (da), Swedish (sv), Norwegian (no), Finnish (fi), Faroese (fo), Icelandic (is), Irish (ga), Scottish (gd), and English (en), incidentally also Afrikaans (af) and Swahili (sw), thus in effect also the entire American continent, Australia and much of Africa. The most notable exceptions are Zulu (zu) and other Bantu languages using Latin Extended-B letters, and of course Arabic in North Africa, and Guarani.
    Ville Leino
    Fantasy Grounds
    Funny, no response!

Thanks a lot for the answers

(@ singurd no I'm not spanish but I'm dutch and usealy my english is pretty good but I was in a hurry and I'm dyslectic so I really can't help it when I make a lot of spelling mistakes)

greets

Olvar Nailo

I had an other question I wanted to test Fg with a new and pretty large group and because most of them are new D&D players I think they shouldn't buy Fg befor they really know if the like D&D or not

So my question was I I couled host a session with an full license of FG and if they could join me with there demo version ?

and still use the 1.05 update

You can only play the demo version with someone else using the demo version. You can have both the demo and the retail version installed on the same PC. When you are playing a "real" game use the retail version. If you are showing someone that doesn't have the retail version load the demo version and let them connect to that to try out.

Thread Information