FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

VERY Silly question... I should know this

What are the little "+" in upper right of the character sheet stat controls? Like for HP, Saving Throws etc?

It is late, it is bugging me - tried clicking wheel scrolling etc. Cannot for life of me remember...

Hmmm looking at them...

Denotes "calculated"?

Bah, going to sleep

The plus symbol denotes a field that can be modified by the mouse wheel (you may need to hold Ctrl depending on your Options settings). Hover over the field, (hold Ctrl if needed,) and adjust the number up or down with the mouse wheel.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Ah ... didn't think that since I can also ctrl-scroll up all 6 abils, my wounds, my hp, amounts in inventory, etc - all without the "+" sign.
    It makes sense however to use a "+" for that - they probably just inconsistently apply it?
    Thought the "calculated" thing was the answer

Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    AH! It's a Floor Wax AND a Dessert Topping!

+ is used to indicate ctrl-scrollable for calculated (or read-only to be precise from the wiki) fields

Thanks, that removes that annoying itch wondering. That or the shower earlier, one of the two.

I wouldn't use the plus on your ruleset to denote the CTRL scrollable fields, since it's used rather extensively in CoreRPG derived rulesets to mean temporarily modifiable fields.

I'd add a different graphic, maybe a small up-down arrow.

Just trying to avoid interface confusion.

Cheers,
    JPG

I don't think any icon is needed (for me, I mean - preferences vary) I mean I just try it when I feel the need to modify something and find out then. Imo, less clutter.

Btw, what does temporarily modifiable mean? Is it that it is a calculated field that you can modify up/down via scroll alone, or does the "temporary" imply it will go back to normal on next reload of session or something? I presume the latter but not sure.

I'm having fun finally looking through all the various rule sets now that read through the Lua manuals.

I'm chomping to code stuff, but still trying to create the darn sheet boxes etc, yup that's coding but .I prefer working on parsing or onXXXX functions USING those silly controls more than making them. Doesn't help that I never worked on any html (barely simple config xml other than par5e work) since a minor set of mods to Sprint's Text messaging customer account internal web pages and that was done by swat of pants and various books open in front of me (90s...still killed lots of trees then)

Thanks JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Varsuuk View Post
    Btw, what does temporarily modifiable mean? Is it that it is a calculated field that you can modify up/down via scroll alone, or does the "temporary" imply it will go back to normal on next reload of session or something? I presume the latter but not sure.
    From the wiki linked a few posts ago:
    Temporary Modifiers: Some rulesets show a small plus icon in the upper right corner of a PC sheet number field that can be adjusted by using the mouse wheel or dropping a number. This feature is usually reserved for total fields that are not directly editable.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Yeah, I got that. I'm asking about the definition of "temporarily", I am guessing that unlike changing STR score, changing these are not "permanent" - OK, then my question is, when does it "reset", I imagine when reconnect session (maybe) as client or when the server restarts (most likely)

I can find out myself, only not until tomorrow as I am no longer by a PC

I don't need anyone to answer now, as I said - ez enough to test. Was just clarifying since I ca read and that same quote was pointed out to me not too many messages ago

Thread Information