5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Table formatting

I'm so confused :'( I would love some help if anyone knows the answer.

I am currently trying to enter a class into FG for 3.5e. I had to create a table, for spells, but I can't seem to combine table cells. Can that be down with key commands in FG or do you have to go into the code to effect the formatting (combined row is what I'm shooting for, single row is what I have).

A follow up question, is there a more detailed tutorial on small details to do in FG? I feel there are a few key shortcuts that I would love to use but don't know.

Thanks in advance!!

Formatting of tables is via key-commands.

These are the key-commands for working with tables:

CTRL+TAB Insert new cell in table, or assign speaker to chat text.
    CTRL+PLUS Increase column width of table cell by one.
    CTRL+MINUS Decrease column width of table cell by one

It can be found in the Fantasy Grounds Manual on page 16.
    Ultimate License Holder GM

Games currently Playing: AD&D, DCC RPG and D&D 5e

Finished Projects: AD&D Ruleset
    New School NPC Maker 5E
    New School NPC Maker PFRPG - 3.5E
    Old School NPC Maker

Current Projects:

1) Adventure Module.
    2) Maintaining and improving released projects.
    3) C.O.O.L. Beasts
    4) Basic Fantasy Ruleset
    5) Metamorphosis Alpha Ruleset

You are the best. I didn't even know there was a manual xD

Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    And a very helpful community

I've been trying to work with the table formatting inside a homebrew race that I'm creating. I can add new columns via the CTRL+TAB shortcut, but cannot for the life of me figure out the trick to actually increase or decrease the column widths via the CTRL+PLUS or CTRL+MINUS hotkeys. Can somebody walk me through the exact steps on using these shortcuts? Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hjorimir View Post
    I've been trying to work with the table formatting inside a homebrew race that I'm creating. I can add new columns via the CTRL+TAB shortcut, but cannot for the life of me figure out the trick to actually increase or decrease the column widths via the CTRL+PLUS or CTRL+MINUS hotkeys. Can somebody walk me through the exact steps on using these shortcuts? Thank you.
    Be sure to use the "+" and "-" on the part of your keyboard which do not belong to the control number block The plus and minus in the control number block do not work for this (for me at least)

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    Be sure to use the "+" and "-" on the part of your keyboard which do not belong to the control number block The plus and minus in the control number block do not work for this (for me at least)
    This was it for me! I needed to both create the two columns and use the "+" and "-" NOT on the Numpad. Thank you, Kelrugem, for adding that bit of info! It took reading through numerous posts before finding this!

Quote Originally Posted by Danno Awesomeface View Post
    This was it for me! I needed to both create the two columns and use the "+" and "-" NOT on the Numpad. Thank you, Kelrugem, for adding that bit of info! It took reading through numerous posts before finding this!
    You're welcome

Kel
    I have the same problem manipulating large tables. When I copy a table with a lot of columns it comes out scrunched into an unreadable mess. I can't get the + to work.

This is the original
    Capture 1.JPG

and this is what I get if I copy it.
    Capture 2.JPG

All I need to do is resize the columns so I can read them but "+" does nothing. I think because ...
    Well blow me down. I've been tabbing back and forward and now it's decompressed.

JFYI I figure the issue is graphic reload. I had to resize the window and close it before it was resized when I re-opened it. Duhhhh
    Maybe there's a way of refreshing without closing ??? or maybe there should be!!!

Thread Information