DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Connection test failure

Hi guys, another connection problem here.

I have a modem/router with a local connection to another router (my computer is far away) which I connect to. I have browsed these similar threads but still no joy.

I have opened port 1802 from both routers to my IP address (checked with cmd), and opened port 1802 between both routers. Still get a failed connection. So I disabled both my computer's firewall and the modem's firewall. Still no connection.

I linked my computer to the modem/router via ethernet cable to see if it was a problem with the wireless. Disabled both firewalls, failed connection.

I tried connecting to the internet via cellphone to avoid routers. Disabled firewall. Still get a failed connection.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Welcome Abolizer

lets roll back a few steps -

1. What country are you in?
    2. What is your ISP?
    3. What IP address do you get when you type "what is my i address into google" - just list the first 3 sets of numbers
    4. Are you using a Mac or PC?
    5. What is your computers IP address and Gateway address?
    6. Looking at router B how are you connected to it? Wifi or LAN cable?
    7. If LAN what port are you plugged into?
    8. Is Router B connected to Router A via network cable? What ports on each device is the cable plugged into?
    9. What is the WAN IP address of Router B?
    10. Looking at Router A (the one connected to the internet) what is its LAN IP Address?
    11. What is Router A's External IP address - just the first 3 sets of numbers - is it the same as what you see in #3 above?

12. Additionally - if you have another computer on the LAN can you install FG there and try to connect to the GM computer using the GM computers LAN IP Address.

thanks

1. New Zealand
    2. Use Flip https://flip.co.nz/
    3. 103.224.128.63
    4. Windows 7
    5. Computer IP 192.168.1.13, Gateway IP 192.168.1.1
    6. Connect to router B with wifi, which is connected via cable to router A
    7. I used a LAN connection to connect to router A, but not sure what you mean by port
    8. A and B are connected by cable
    9. The IP for router B is 192.168.1.30, the WAN is disabled (used purely for a second wireless access point)
    10. 192.168.1.1
    11. 100.65.140 - not the same, how can I change it?
    12. I'll give it a go tonight

Thanks for your help

Blog Entries
    Ok cool - I dont think Ive seen and IPv4 aggregation in NZ yet.

Router B has nothing to do with teh equation then.

On Router A set a single TCP Port Forward for TCP 1802-1802 to 192.168.1.13 TCP 1802-1802
    In most cases that is all you need to do.
    You might find it has some advanaced firewall features and might block tcp flood or block peer to peer gaming - disable those options.

Let me know.

Thread Information