FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 5 of 6 First ... 3456 Last

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Varsuuk View Post
    I'd have hoped they supplied you with that!
    What is this sorcery you speak of? Haha no, I have to buy all my own PDFs if I want to do anything. I have both the 2005 version and the 2012 version of U1. The remaster will be based off the 2012 version, which mainly had better quality image scans. No text was changed between printings.

Quote Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
    What is this sorcery you speak of? Haha no, I have to buy all my own PDFs if I want to do anything. I have both the 2005 version and the 2012 version of U1. The remaster will be based off the 2012 version, which mainly had better quality image scans. No text was changed between printings.

Ugh, OK - I guess I can try to help out, unfortunately AFTER the fact by doing a quick QA soon after you release for you to compare vs the latest.

Hmmm, never mind, mine is also the 2012 version from the copyright below:
    Code:
    ©2012 Troll Lord Games. All Rights Reserved. Castles & Crusades® is a Registered Trademark (pending) of Troll Lord Games. All Rights Reserved. C&C, Castle Keeper, SIEGE engine,Troll Lord Games, and the Castles & Crusades, SIEGE engine, and Troll Lord Games logos are Trademarks of Troll Lord Games. All Rights Reserved.
    ISBN 978-1-936822-38-6 Printed in the United States of America
    I have the version where the cover spans the entire page (blue-themed, none of the picture over yellow/gold standard TLG background), I bought mine from TLG directly between November and January, can't recall.

Just to be certain, here is my stat block:
    Code:
    Spider, small (His vital stas are HD 1d8, HP 7, AC 14. His primary attributes are physical. He attacks with 1 bite for 1d2 points of damage. Anyone bitten must make a constitution save or suffer 1d2 points of damage in the first round. A second constitution save is made in the 2nd round, if the victim fails they take a further 1d2 points of damage and suffer 1-2 points of strength loss for 1d12 hours. A successful save in the first round negates all affects.)

Blog Entries
    Yeah once I started emailing the author (who was unfamiliar with FG to begin with anyway) it became apparent that the copyright text was incorrect, at least for his stuff. He owns the copyright to his content (he did U1 and U3) not TLG per his contract. I haven't contacted the U2 and U4 authors yet to see if that's the case for them as well. Steve Chenault chimed in on the same email thread and agreed so I corrected the copyright text to reflect correct ownership in a way that made both Steve and Mike happy.

Seriously, TLG should hire me to be their remote copy editor... LOL.

I know, it is pretty bad considering how much I generally like the content of ones I've gotten.

I could kill for Upper Works, Moat House and lesser extent The Storehouse District (for completion) I bought the Yggsburgh HC and Town Halls softcover from collector shops ... yeesh. Yggsburgh only got since received $130 credit at Amazon I didn't expect, so was found money (lol). But the Castle is too much I think. Really wish they had PDFs to buy of it instead. I will never be able to use much for FG even if I ever run it, waaaay too much to type. Too much for cut and paste, but I'd do it over time.

One reason I only buy PDFs now

Anyhow, back on topic - so your pdf matches the stat block I sent? or do I have a later printing (presuming copyright is no indicator?)

Blog Entries
    I know, it is pretty bad considering how much I generally like the content of ones I've gotten.

I could kill for Upper Works, Moat House and lesser extent The Storehouse District (for completion) I bought the Yggsburgh HC and Town Halls softcover from collector shops ... yeesh. Yggsburgh only got since received $130 credit at Amazon I didn't expect, so was found money (lol). But the Castle is too much I think. Really wish they had PDFs to buy of it instead. I will never be able to use much for FG even if I ever run it, waaaay too much to type. Too much for cut and paste, but I'd do it over time.

One reason I only buy PDFs now

Anyhow, back on topic - so your pdf matches the stat block I sent? or do I have a later printing (presuming copyright is no indicator?)
    Unfortunately I don't think we'll ever see that Castle Zagyg stuff in print or pdf ever again. At least until Gary's widow has a change of heart, which doesn't appear likely.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Blog Entries
    Update: I did not submit U1 remaster yet. These maps are killin' me... the art doesn't match the room description, I can't get the grid to align for the overall "dungeon" map. Seriously considering blowing up each room into its own map for the fights to make the grid align just to that room. Which also sounds silly because it's a TLG map so it's just an "empty" white room...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
    Update: I did not submit U1 remaster yet. These maps are killin' me... the art doesn't match the room description, I can't get the grid to align for the overall "dungeon" map. Seriously considering blowing up each room into its own map for the fights to make the grid align just to that room. Which also sounds silly because it's a TLG map so it's just an "empty" white room...
    There's only so much accuracy you can bake into it when inaccuracy is one of the hallmarks of the creators.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Blog Entries
    "We didn't have all these newfangled pixels 'n grids back in '74, y'know! Hmph... you hippity dippity kids and your electronic gizmos! Why, back in my day we had to roll dice uphill, barefoot in the snow, both ways!"

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    There's only so much accuracy you can bake into it when inaccuracy is one of the hallmarks of the creators.
    Ran into similar problem on a few rooms in one of the Inns for N1, but since I cannot distribute that adventures - I had the freedom to change descriptions to match maps.

That probably explains why my daily checks (after you said was ready) for it in the store have been fruitless.

The good news is a i am just eager to get a new module, I still have one short module ready to go (except personalizing to campaign) so don't need to run it yet.

Blog Entries
    That probably explains why my daily checks (after you said was ready) for it in the store have been fruitless.
    Don't bother checking every day, James has quite the project queue. The Pathfinder adventure I submitted... 3 weeks ago-ish (?) just went through QA today.

On the positive note, taking little breaks like this lets me come back with fresh-ish eyes, and I'm taking advantage of it to add in a couple little features that I had in that Pathfinder module that I will probably be including in everything going forward.

I'll see what I can do with the maps one last time when I get home on my desktop with more processing power than the laptop I'm writing this on. I at least have measurements for the rooms, it's just going to be a matter of how bad does the visual quality look once I explode the map to grid size. Otherwise I'm just gonna say "screw it" and submit it.

Thread Information