STAR TREK 2d20
Page 11 of 12 First ... 9101112 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by L. R. Ballard View Post
    I used to visit EN World just for conversions to 3.5.

Did you buy the conversion guides from Classic Modules Today?
    Looks like 3/29.
    Jim Hale
    Ultimate License - D&D5E (AL)
    DDAL-DCI: 4317029791
    Game Signups (Calendar)

Quote Originally Posted by JHale1966 View Post
    I bought some of the 1e to 5E conversions off of DM Guild and they look pretty good. I picked up the G123, D123 and Q1. You have to have the original modules in order to use them so I'm 're-stocking' on those as well. Will probably also pick up A1-4 too.
    What's the link to the DM's guild? I would by D1-3 and Q1. I don't really want to spend the time manually converting them.
    Ultimate License Holder
    Timezone: UTC -6

DM: 1e Ruins of Adventure, Curse of the Azure Bonds
    DM: 5e Descent into Avernus
    D&D 1e to 5e adventures converted: Keep on the Borderlands, White Plume Mountain, Tomb of Horrors, Against the Giants, Descent into the Depths of the Earth, Shrine of the Kuo-Toa, Vault of the Drow, Queen of the Demon Web Pits
    Transitioning from D&D to DCC

May your dice rolls be ever in your favor.

Baron28, just so you'll understand what the Classic Modules Today 5e conversions are. They are simply conversion notes on how to convert from 1e to 5e. You still need the original modules. And you would still need to add everything in fantasy grounds yourself.
    Ultimate License Holder GM

Games currently Playing: AD&D, DCC RPG and D&D 5e

Finished Projects: AD&D Ruleset
    New School NPC Maker 5E
    New School NPC Maker PFRPG - 3.5E
    Old School NPC Maker

Current Projects:

1) Adventure Module.
    2) Maintaining and improving released projects.
    3) C.O.O.L. Beasts
    4) Basic Fantasy Ruleset
    5) Metamorphosis Alpha Ruleset

Quote Originally Posted by JHale1966 View Post
    Looks like 3/29.
    I don't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by vodokar View Post
    Baron28, just so you'll understand what the Classic Modules Today 5e conversions are. They are simply conversion notes on how to convert from 1e to 5e. You still need the original modules. And you would still need to add everything in fantasy grounds yourself.
    Ah ok. The notes would save time. The tough thing is finding maps or creating maps.
    Ultimate License Holder
    Timezone: UTC -6

DM: 1e Ruins of Adventure, Curse of the Azure Bonds
    DM: 5e Descent into Avernus
    D&D 1e to 5e adventures converted: Keep on the Borderlands, White Plume Mountain, Tomb of Horrors, Against the Giants, Descent into the Depths of the Earth, Shrine of the Kuo-Toa, Vault of the Drow, Queen of the Demon Web Pits
    Transitioning from D&D to DCC

May your dice rolls be ever in your favor.

If you don't mind using the original maps, you can just scan them from the pdf of the original module. I just use Snippet, which is built into windows, but others might have better tools for snatching images.

New School NPC Maker 5E
    Old School NPC Maker

Current Projects:

1) Adventure Module.
    3) C.O.O.L. Beasts
    4) Basic Fantasy Ruleset

Quote Originally Posted by Baron28 View Post
    Ah ok. The notes would save time. The tough thing is finding maps or creating maps.
    Always Tho if you're ok with the old school blue/b&w it's not to hard. The PDFs being sold really make copy/paste text at least easier.

Thanks for the timescale on the builds tho. I was thinking of doing T1-4 and I was guessing about a week of my evenings and after seeing your comment it seems about right.

Build time really depends on just how much you are wanting to do for yourself. It takes quite a bit longer to do a publication worthy modules, but if only doing for yourself, anywhere from 4 to 12 hours, depending on how much material is involved, and how perfect you need to make it for yourself, is not unreasonable.

New School NPC Maker 5E
    Old School NPC Maker

Current Projects:

1) Adventure Module.
    3) C.O.O.L. Beasts
    4) Basic Fantasy Ruleset

Quote Originally Posted by vodokar View Post
    Build time really depends on just how much you are wanting to do for yourself. It takes quite a bit longer to do a publication worthy modules, but if only doing for yourself, anywhere from 4 to 12 hours, depending on how much material is involved, and how perfect you need to make it for yourself, is not unreasonable.
    My goal is to do layouts of publishable quality. In the meantime, I'm converting FRE1 "Shadowdale" for Classic Modules Today. Before publishing the conversion guide for FRE1, I plan to lay out module-specific tables, encounters, items, and parcels on FG, then walk through it with pregens while rereading the module. Over the past two evenings, I've been building the four pregenerated PCs from FRE1 in FG. That task alone has taken almost seven hours. But the PCs are right out of the module with all stats, items, and even custom background notes based on their descriptions from the module. It is indeed a lot of work, and I'm both a professional editor and a perfectionist.

Blog Entries
    A0 took me around 12 hours to do for C&C but I gave it the full treatment.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Thread Information