DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Steam Client Unavailable unable to access steam library?

okay so i dont understand what the problem is here. i got the 9.99$ a month subscribtion, so now do i need to on steam and buy that 40$ game too? is that what this is telling me? AND THEN i have to go buy the 3 manuals 50$ a piece to DM with my friends? is that what this is telling me?

Please install without the steam DLC option checked. After installation, check steam DLC option and update again.

what does this mean, im not understanding this here..

Blog Entries
    Hey Skeletor, welcome to the community.

I myself don't go through Steam so I'm not sure how the steps might differ, But, I can tell you that you do not need to buy the perpetual license for $40 if you bought the $10/month subscription.

After you launch FG, you will need to click on "Settings"
    Enter your license key in the top line (something like #####-#####-#####-#####-#####)
    - - (That is the step that might be different for Steam, not sure)
    Enter your forum username (Skeletor3040), hit "Update" and enter your password
    Make sure the "Check Steam for DLC" is unchecked initially
    Select OK
    Select Update

Then you should be good to go.

Let us know if that doesn't solve things for you

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

yes thank you! it worked out great, now im having problems with the 1802 port and what not, ive yet to find anything on the forums that can help me out, nor on the internet.
    seeing as how, this a special case and im not sure how to access a router i dont have access too.
    im in the military and live in a barracks with others around living here as well. so, im no sure where i would go to open connections through this port... what do you think?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeletor3040 View Post
    yes thank you! it worked out great, now im having problems with the 1802 port and what not, ive yet to find anything on the forums that can help me out, nor on the internet.
    seeing as how, this a special case and im not sure how to access a router i dont have access too.
    im in the military and live in a barracks with others around living here as well. so, im no sure where i would go to open connections through this port... what do you think?
    Befriend the IT guys?

Failing that, you can use Hamachi or another private VPN solution. I know this has been done by others in the military, I'm just not sure exactly what solution they used. There is a sticky in this forum on Hamachi that can get you started.

Also, some of the real network guru's will be along soon enough and be able to help more than I

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Subs are only available here on the FG Store and not on Steam.
    If you maintain your Sub it will Sync over to Steam but probably not till the beginning of April.
    You can buy your DLC here or there but easier to buy in one location only.

You dont need extra DLC to run games but some of it is very helpful and a big timesaver.

As to port 1802 and the military... no chance.
    Your buddies in the same base as you will probably be able to connect to you - although WiFi isolation may prevent that too...
    Hamachi is your best bet - its free - instructions are here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ng-Try-Hamachi
    It generally works without too many dramas
    Alternatively you will need a VPN that allows TCP port redirection...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Your buddies in the same base as you will probably be able to connect to you - although WiFi isolation may prevent that too...
    Whenever connecting to players that are on the same network, have the players try to connect to the local IP address that shows up in your Fantasy Grounds screen. The Connection Test will fail for you as the GM, but once you fully launch the campaign, they should be able to connect from inside the same network (i.e., behind the same router.) For having people connect from outside the network, you would need to use Damned's suggestion of a VPN software such as Hamachi.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-Hamachi/page2

Thread Information