5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Arcana Evolved - Monsters not loading

Hi all
    I know this ruleset is largely unloved (shame - it has some nice tweaks on classes and spells) but I'd appreciate some help. The ruleset loads and everything populates normally apart from the individual monster links. The Monster Manual opens and a list of individual critters appears but if any are clicked an error message appears in the chat window:
    "Unable to create window with data source (npc.reference.creatures.CREATURENAME@Arcana Evolved Monsters : npc)"

e.g "Unable to create window with data source (npc.reference.creatures.inshon@Arcana Evolved Monsters : npc)"

I'd love to run a campaign with this ageing beast but ... is there an easy fix? It's been years and years (the RMC and AE in fact) since I unpicked and built rulesets so I'm very very rusty but with a bit of guidance will happily reverse engineer the AE and get it functioning again. I still think it's one of Monte's best creations.

I don't think we sell it any more, because it didn't get enough sales to entice any of our developers to bring it up to speed.

Here are some things to check:
    * Check that the definition.xml file in the module uses "Arcana Evolved Monsters" for the name tag.
    * Make sure that the node npc.reference.creatures.creaturename exists in the db.xml file in the module, and points to the correct creature.
    * Make sure that the windowclass "npc" is defined in the Arcana Evolved ruleset.

I don't even have this file easily available at this point to see what state it is in, so it's a little difficult for me to tell by looking at it.

Regards,
    JPG

Thanks Moon - I'll have a look this weekend.

Thread Information