FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 6 First 1234 ... Last
    Chad,

You definitely have not been ripped off. Either we just need to get you configured correctly (if your orders were from a while ago), or some pointers on where to find your DLC may be needed. There may be a couple more steps if your order was made a few years ago. If at any time you need more direct help, you can always write us at [email protected].

Let me respond to some specific items in case it helps:

* The Lite license has been discontinued, but should still work fine. Just enter the Lite license key in the License Key field of the FG Settings, and them update.

* The Lite license was always a player-only license, and can not be used to host games.

* There is an upgrade to Full/Standard button on the FG launch screen, if you want to upgrade your FG license to one which can host games.

* If you go to the FG store and do not see your products in the order history, then you should contact [email protected]

* Once you verify your purchases show up in your FG Store History, you will need to enter your FG forum login in the FG Settings (and subsequently update) in order to get your purchases downloaded.

* Once your purchases are downloaded, any game system DLC will show up as options in the launcher. If you are using a Lite license, they will only be accessible via the Manage Characters option. If you have a Standard or Ultimate license, you will be able to create campaigns for that game system.

* Other DLC, such as adventures and token packs, can be activated within a campaign that you are hosting by using the Modules button in the Library and Token box, respectively.

* If you just made these purchases, and they were not what you expected, please let us know and we can get you refunded.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    So note that you bought that many years ago. That license hasn't been available for more than 2 years. It is a Player license, as it clearly shows, and not a GM license. I don't know just what functionality it allows. But, you certainly don't need the Ultimate license to GM. You can GM with either the Standard (Full) or Ultimate license.

You can email [email protected] and they can tell you for certain what the capabilities of the Lite license is and if you can buy an upgrade or if you would need the Standard license.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I just saw that you mentioned that you bought an upgrade, but do not see it.

The FG store orders did not require a login several years ago (but they do now), so not all orders are linked to the FG ID like we do now. When you send a note to [email protected] to inquire about the products and upgrade you purchased, please include any e-mail addresses you may have used around the time you made those orders as well as which store you bought them from (FG Store, RPGNow, Steam, etc.), and we can attempt to look up your orders.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by ChadHale View Post
    what bugs me was that I paid for an upgrade too! yet, there seems to be no record of the upgrade, nor any purchases I made from the store here.
    So, back in 2013 in your last post, you didn't mention anything about an upgrade. When did you upgrade? What have you been doing for the past 3.5 years?

What games would you be interested in playing? What time zone etc?

a 4.6 brightness star in the hyadies cluster, an M class planet with a 1.1 gravity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Chad,

You definitely have not been ripped off. Either we just need to get you configured correctly (if your orders were from a while ago), or some pointers on where to find your DLC may be needed. There may be a couple more steps if your order was made a few years ago. If at any time you need more direct help, you can always write us at [email protected].

Let me respond to some specific items in case it helps:
    * The Lite license has been discontinued, but should still work fine. Just enter the Lite license key in the License Key field of the FG Settings, and them update.
    * The Lite license was always a player-only license, and can not be used to host games.
    * There is an upgrade to Full/Standard button on the FG launch screen, if you want to upgrade your FG license to one which can host games.
    * If you go to the FG store and do not see your products in the order history, then you should contact [email protected]
    * Once you verify your purchases show up in your FG Store History, you will need to enter your FG forum login in the FG Settings (and subsequently update) in order to get your purchases downloaded.
    * Once your purchases are downloaded, any game system DLC will show up as options in the launcher. If you are using a Lite license, they will only be accessible via the Manage Characters option. If you have a Standard or Ultimate license, you will be able to create campaigns for that game system.
    * Other DLC, such as adventures and token packs, can be activated within a campaign that you are hosting by using the Modules button in the Library and Token box, respectively.
    * If you just made these purchases, and they were not what you expected, please let us know and we can get you refunded.
    Let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards,
    JPG
    Okay,
    The lite license doesn't work, and does not allow me any access to content I have paid for/have as shown in posts above.
    How much did this product cost me? Do you know?
    If I can get the exact same functionality from the damn demo version,
    then why would you EVER sell a "LITE license"?

I definitely did get ripped off!
    No big deal. I don't even know why I tried to use this thing again. Rolld20 isn't going to demand $100 upfront (or whatever) and then leave me with a bit of useless vaporware to be "Just a player".

Talk to me when you have figured out why I am unhappy, but only if you intend to fix it. Let me tell ya something you already know, "You don't have to." It has been three years. I figured I had been screwed then just as much as I am now. so what difference does it make?

I was hoping to DM back then...
    I asked for help back then...

The answer I was told, now that I remember I was told: "YOU NEED TO BUY THE ULTIMATE TO HAVE ANY FUNCTIONALITY OR TO EVEN VIEW ADDITIONAL PURCHASED CONTENT."
    Pretty good reason to forget this thing for three years, no?

I guess I am out some cash. Oh well. just don't ask me to give any positive reviews. bye bye!

It seems like you already made up your mind, before you started posting, because nothing anyone has said has made you tone down your posts. I have offered points to help you, and asked you to contact support to get help to access your content. If you truly would like it, the community and the company have both offered to help.

The Lite license still allows people to play on a game hosted by a Standard license, which was what it was always sold as.

Hope you find what you are looking for,
    JPG

Attachment 17906

You were not told that you need the Ultimate Version to have any Functionality. You were told, directly by the owner of the company, you needed a Standard License to DM, but you would be able to play using what you had. You replied back that everything was working properly and your problem was fixed. Now, three years later, you accuse SmiteWorks of cheating you out of your money and not helping you.

The truth is, both then, and now, not only have several members of this community immediately tried to help you, but so did employees of the company. Fantasy Grounds is absolutely not Vaporware. It is the premier virtual tabletop on the market actively being used by thousands each week.

If you need help getting it up and running, it was offered. If you want to try to get a refund, you were told how to do so. But, leave the attitude at the door.
    Ultimate License Holder GM

Games currently Playing: AD&D, DCC RPG and D&D 5e

Finished Projects: AD&D Ruleset
    New School NPC Maker 5E
    New School NPC Maker PFRPG - 3.5E
    Old School NPC Maker

Current Projects:

1) Adventure Module.
    2) Maintaining and improving released projects.
    3) C.O.O.L. Beasts
    4) Basic Fantasy Ruleset
    5) Metamorphosis Alpha Ruleset

a 4.6 brightness star in the hyadies cluster, an M class planet with a 1.1 gravity.
    Quote Originally Posted by vodokar View Post
    Attachment 17906

You were not told that you need the Ultimate Version to have any Functionality. You were told, directly by the owner of the company, you needed a Standard License to DM, but you would be able to play using what you had. You replied back that everything was working properly and your problem was fixed. Now, three years later, you accuse SmiteWorks of cheating you out of your money and not helping you.

The truth is, both then, and now, not only have several members of this community immediately tried to help you, but so did employees of the company. Fantasy Grounds is absolutely not Vaporware. It is the premier virtual tabletop on the market actively being used by thousands each week.

If you need help getting it up and running, it was offered. If you want to try to get a refund, you were told how to do so. But, leave the attitude at the door.
    Yeah, read that Jpeg again. I had given up and just quit. I left.
    and Now, I remember why.
    I paid for multiple products and...

I have never been able to use a single one of them.
    So, sucks to be me, huh.

Everybody's willing to help? really?
    what am I doing wrong, I press update and the only reply I get is "ERROR".
    I can not even get past the start page. I can not make a character for any system.

I would love to join a pathfinder game.
    Yet, it seems to me I am better off deleting this program.

OK Chad, so what would you like to happen?

Without any rancor, assume that we're all a bit slow on the uptake, you tell us exactly what you would like to happen so that we can help you.

As I see it you've got a couple of options:
    1. Ask for a refund
    2. Play as a player in a game with your current License
    3. Upgrade you Lite License to a Full (or if you really want it, an Ultimate- not that you need an Ultimate to GM)
    4. Or something else I haven't thought of

So please, let us know and we'll get you sorted to the best of our ability - but now that you've raised your complaint/issue, a "less-than-friendly" attitude is not going to help anyone.
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Thread Information