DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Thread: Token bags!

Token bags!

Ok... I found out that making a subdirectory makes a new bag... cool, I thought.

I'd like to get the letter tokens out of the main token box... but when I move the image files into a ../tokens/letters/ directory. I reload FG and bam, they're still there! Is there an xml file I should edit somewhere that will keep it from loading them on the top level box? I'd like to have the top level only have bags honestly.

The easiest way is to make a new token bag within the application - right click on the open token box and add a new bag - and move the top level tokens there.

There is another file...I think in the data folder that shows tokens as well. I have had nothing but nightmares trying to figure out the token schematics as something just never make sense with it. I would like to see a better token management system installed, perhaps by campaign or something, because frankly I hate the current one. Bag are cool, but not when you cannot delete or control how they behave!
    • snikle •
    . .lapsus calumni. .

Go to your campaign folder under user settings. Delete the token_[user] file and your changes should take place.

Hope this helps,

Sandeman
    Ultimate Licence holder

I've had FG for so LONG I DON'T KNOW HOW TO USE IT!

But I'm learning!

haha!

I deleted that file, but I still get the letters in the top level token box... any ideas?

Since there has been some confusion about the token bag system, I'll try to sum it up here. The tokens that are placed in the token case are fetched from three different locations:
    • The host computer's "tokens" folder under the program directory. This contains two parts, the "host" and "shared" folders, out of which the first is shown to the GM only, and shared to everyone. The tokens in both of these folders appear on the top level in the token box, however.
    • The "tokens" folder under the running campaign's directory. This is automatically treated as a host only folder.
    • Any other folders defined as token root folders in the running ruleset. By default, the d20 ruleset defines the data/tokens folder as one such folder.

Note that the contents of the d20 ruleset are overridden by the system to avoid corruption by invalid configurations any game you are connecting to might have. Any tokens that are placed in the "data" folder if you select to install the ruleset reference files are there mostly for reference purposes only and moving them won't affect what you see in the program with the default d20 ruleset.

All the above are processed, and subdirectories cause new bags to be created. Once the tokens are rearranged into custom bags inside the program, the preferences are saved per user, per campaign. If the username or the campaign are changed, the tokens revert to their default positions. Per ruleset tokens are like other ruleset data, you can't permanently get rid of them without modifying the ruleset, but you should be able to permanently move them aside to a bag of their own.
    Tero Parvinen
    Fantasy Grounds Guru

Helped me out... thanks!
    Murder at Avedon Hill - Official site for novel being released February, 2007 (podcast release also begins February, 2007)
    Four Ugly Monsters - Honorary Monster, ret.

Quote Originally Posted by Goblin-King
    Note that the contents of the d20 ruleset are overridden by the system to avoid corruption by invalid configurations any game you are connecting to might have. Any tokens that are placed in the "data" folder if you select to install the ruleset reference files are there mostly for reference purposes only and moving them won't affect what you see in the program with the default d20 ruleset.
    That is exactly what I was trying to figure out.. and ironically enough, I was messing with the background images and figured that out as I noticed this post!

Thanks for the help

Think I got this working correctly now, but god, why such an insane set up for tokens? It is just insane how it create bags from folders here and there. I understand that it needs the ability to download the shared tokens for a campaign, but seems like everytime i mess with tokens I simply end up created 10 more bags......
    • snikle •
    . .lapsus calumni. .

Thread Information