DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Basic Fantasy RPG

I'm finally getting around to reading through the rules for BFRPG and I'm really liking it so far. Also, free is an excellent price as everything for the game is a free download (PDF/ODT) from the website. I did go ahead and pick 7 of the books up off of Amazon for a whopping total of $33 with prime shipping. When I'm eventually done with the S&W ruleset I think I'm going to knock out BFRPG (if someone else hasn't done it first). I recommend checking it out!

Basic Fantasy RPG
    Last edited by Zhern; February 12th, 2017 at 19:12.
    Patrick

Ultimate License Holder
    Currently Running (rotating home campaigns): Hobgoblins, Orcs, and Kobolds, Oh My! (5E), The Enemy Within (WFRP)
    Currently Playing: Castle Zagyg (Labyrinth Lord), The Forgotten Temple of Tharizdun (AD&D)

That would be awesome. I also recently picked up BFRPG and was pretty impressed. It is very similar to C&C, but without the SIEGE Engine. As a side note, they have some really awesome T-shirts available up on Cafe Press. I picked up the one with the Owl-Bear, to celebrate our victory from the other night, and also the one with the cover picture. They came out great.
    Ultimate License Holder GM

Games currently Playing: AD&D, DCC RPG and D&D 5e

Finished Projects: AD&D Ruleset
    New School NPC Maker 5E
    New School NPC Maker PFRPG - 3.5E
    Old School NPC Maker

Current Projects:

1) Adventure Module.
    2) Maintaining and improving released projects.
    3) C.O.O.L. Beasts
    4) Basic Fantasy Ruleset
    5) Metamorphosis Alpha Ruleset

I'll have to check out their t-shirts then!
    Patrick

Ultimate License Holder
    Currently Running (rotating home campaigns): Hobgoblins, Orcs, and Kobolds, Oh My! (5E), The Enemy Within (WFRP)
    Currently Playing: Castle Zagyg (Labyrinth Lord), The Forgotten Temple of Tharizdun (AD&D)

Basic fantasy is my fav retro clone good luck, it shouldn't be to much trouble to get permission to parse the entire game into a library module

The entire text is classified as Open Gaming Content and is distributed free in electronic format, but I would still ask just out of respect.

I've been giving this a lot of thought. I believe that Basic Fantasy has most in common with Castles and Crusades. If you look at the rules, mechanically speaking, it is basically Castles and Crusades with the SIEGE Engine rolled back to being the AD&D 5 save system; both things that are right in my wheelhouse. Unless, Zhern really wants to do this, it might make more sense for me to do it; because I already have a lot of the existing codebase that can be used and am very familiar with it. It might even be something that can be done with a simple extension to modify C&C.

New School NPC Maker 5E
    Old School NPC Maker

Current Projects:

1) Adventure Module.
    3) C.O.O.L. Beasts
    4) Basic Fantasy Ruleset

I don't have my heart set on it. It does make more sense to layer it off of C&C. Go for it!
    Patrick

Ultimate License Holder

I'm on it! Attachment 17947

I've only been working on it for about 3 hours. Already made huge progress, because I already have a lot of the new code required already made from the AD&D project. Just need to make some adjustments to it. Saving Throws are already in place and active including support for Multi-Class, but will have to modify the value tables and some other supporting stuff.

As for the rest, a lot of the existing C&C code already fits with Basic Fantasy, so I don't think this will take that long. I'll likely want to do a reskin of it though.
    Last edited by vodokar; February 17th, 2017 at 06:42.

New School NPC Maker 5E
    Old School NPC Maker

Current Projects:

1) Adventure Module.
    3) C.O.O.L. Beasts
    4) Basic Fantasy Ruleset

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vodokar View Post
    I'm on it! Attachment 17947

I've only been working on it for about 3 hours. Already made huge progress, because I already have a lot of the new code required already made from the AD&D project. Just need to make some adjustments to it. Saving Throws are already in place and active including support for Multi-Class, but will have to modify the value tables and some other supporting stuff.

As for the rest, a lot of the existing C&C code already fits with Basic Fantasy, so I don't think this will take that long. I'll likely want to do a reskin of it though.
    Can I reskin it for you?

You Betcha! That's 'Murican for "yes".

New School NPC Maker 5E
    Old School NPC Maker

Current Projects:

1) Adventure Module.
    3) C.O.O.L. Beasts
    4) Basic Fantasy Ruleset

Thread Information