5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

5e - Export an edited purchased module question.

Hi Guys

I have a campaign built around a purchased 5e adventure. In the master campaign story, I have unlocked the story and added some of my own maps and encounters. When I export the campaign, these newly added encounters and map links aren't showing in the story anymore? Am I missing something?

I understand that pre-placed tokens don't appear on exported maps and you have to redo them, but it looks like I will have to go through the whole adventure and add all of my custom encounters again to the story?

It could be because I am editing a purchased campaign and something to do with copywrite is stopping me?

Martin

You can't export the original module; but you should be able to export whatever you created within the campaign. You would have to make a copy of the story entry before you add your new links since the story won't get exported if you don't. As regards preplaced tokens those will export too as long as the map, the npcs and the encounter are all exported at the same time into the same module.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thanks.. that cleared it up.. yes everything exported fine except the changes/edits to the purchased module.

Many thanks for clearing it up

Sorry one other question, I note that my images have not exported.

Are these just linked by the newly created campaign (i.e. the images folder is empty in the newly exported campaign). If I create encounters and place them on these images (still sitting in the original campaign folder), will the original encounters I have made be changed/deleted? Do I have to copy the images manually to the new folder and then redo any custom encounters to avoid overwrting encounters on the original campaign.

Hope that comes over clear

Martin

The images are protected by copyright. You will not be able to move them to a new folder or copy them in any way (other than taking a screenshot or such). FG isn't designed to export images that are not already in the campaign's image folder.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Hi. I am not talking about the images that came with the module.

I am talking about images/maps I have made and placed in the images folder. These are not being exported. Does the freshly created campaign link to images in the old campaign, or should they copy into the new image folder created by the export?

Martin, it would be best if you posted some screen shots of what you are trying to do. It is still not clear.

I am trying to export my images (not the copyright ones with a purchased module) to a new campaign. I /export and select all images but nothing is copied over. The target image folder is empty. I am trying to export these images. I could just copy them in file manager, but ideally I would like encounters linked to these images to export with them.

Blog Entries
    Hi Martin153 are the images definitely in that campaigns images folder or could they possibly be in another module you have previously exported and opened in that campaign?

They are in there.. It's okay. I have manually copied them into the new images folder and redoing my custom encounters. Thank for your help.

Thread Information