DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaedel1 View Post
    How do you set an ability score to an exact number, such as "Your constitution is 0"?

I'm trying to create a Flesh Golem player character template from the Savage Species book.
    I would just have the player manually type zero in the stat block.

Is there a way it will automatically set the exact number from the Races template under "Ability Score Increase"? I figured out how to increase and reduce scores, but not set to a specific number. I'm just wondering what the exact verbiage is.

Is there a way it will automatically set the exact number from the Races template under "Ability Score Increase"? I figured out how to increase and reduce scores, but not set to a specific number. I'm just wondering what the exact verbiage is.
    I'm not aware of such language but I'm sure Zach will be along shortly to let us both know if it exists.

I don't have that book. How do they balance such a thing? I can see fixed stats being hugely broken in either direction (too good or too bad). It would seem to need very weird balancing mechanics whether you allow rolling or forcing a stat buy.

Your stats aren't set by your race; you set your stats on the character sheet. The recommended method of creating a character is to set ability scores, then add race and background then class. So you would already have set CON to zero before you drag in race.

There is no wording which will set an ability score to a fixed amount; the only thing that you can do is add or subtract a bonus or penalty.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Keep in mind, the automation which exists in FG exists to support official rules and sources. There are so many possible things we can do within a system (such as 5E) that their is no way everything can be automated. So, if you can find an official source that does what you want, then assume you have a good chance to automate it. But if you want to do something an official source does not do, assume you will have to do it manually. (But never hesitate to ask if it can be done!)

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thank you all. I'll have it done manually.

Thanks for the video tutorial. I tried to do this in Manage Characters, lol. Here's the comment by Philip Greig how to do it correctly, in case someone is trying to do the same silly thing:
    start a new campaign, click Library button, check the races option in the top window and then click on the races button which appears. Now click the small edit button bottom right of that window.
    Last edited by TerryMulhern; March 12th, 2019 at 09:43. Reason: typos, quote

Quick question prompted by my recent purchase of the Midgard Hero's book: when setting a race's size FG doesn't actually change the size of the token automatically does it? I noticed with the centaur (the only large PC race I've seen so far in a FG module) that adding the PC to a map they still only occupied a single 5x5 square and I had to scale them up manually on every map.

So I tried in a new campaign with no extensions and made a race with only the large size as a mod and same result. Is there any way to force it? If not, could it be done relatively easily with an extension?

Quote Originally Posted by GavinRuneblade View Post
    Quick question prompted by my recent purchase of the Midgard Hero's book: when setting a race's size FG doesn't actually change the size of the token automatically does it? I noticed with the centaur (the only large PC race I've seen so far in a FG module) that adding the PC to a map they still only occupied a single 5x5 square and I had to scale them up manually on every map.

So I tried in a new campaign with no extensions and made a race with only the large size as a mod and same result. Is there any way to force it? If not, could it be done relatively easily with an extension?
    I don't know the answer to your second question but you are correct in that the PCs seem to default to medium or at least a 1x1 token size. Since PCs usually stay on the CT forever I would just alter the size on the CT. Change the 5 to a 10 on the Space and Reach section for that PC. You'd probably only need to do that once.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    I don't know the answer to your second question but you are correct in that the PCs seem to default to medium or at least a 1x1 token size. Since PCs usually stay on the CT forever I would just alter the size on the CT. Change the 5 to a 10 on the Space and Reach section for that PC. You'd probably only need to do that once.
    Cool thanks I didn't know that was an option!

Thread Information