5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

FG as a pure DM tool

Ive just discovered FG on steam and was wondering before I purchase if it can be run as a pure DM tool set for normal tabletop and if so how,(my group and I player AD&D 3.5).

Thanks

Welcome baidus to FG and to the community.

There's some information in this post about using FG at the tabletop. Many users do, in fact use it this way, and there ahve been some recent enhancements to the software, such as adding a manual dice roller which can enhance this experience. For a video showing this look here at around the 36 minute mark I think.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Welcome Baidus!

I've not tried this myself, but the tool-for-face-to-face-play merits include:
    • DM/GM ease of reference to electronic versions of adventure materials
    • Player ease of reference to electronic versions of player handbook materials (if they log in with laptops)
    • ease of tracking info on character sheets, esp. helpful for crunchy rulesets with lots of spells and powers, etc.
    • option to use dynamic battlemaps if you lay a flatscreen flat on the table;
    • increasing integration of audio options (via extensions and third party tools)

Am I missing anything?

Running: The One Ring and GUMSHOE--Esoterrorists (on hold); intermittently Fiasco and DramaSystem/Hillfolk
    Want to play: Pendragon, City of Mist, Dresden Files RPG, Orpheus, Changeling, Apocalpse World and more PbtA, Bluebeards Bride, Shadows of Esteren; anything by Bully Pulpit Games

Hello Baidus, Thus far, I have used Fantasy Grounds solely as a DM tool for face to face play. My players and I, while still novices, are finding it most beneficial.

We started out with pair of laptops for the players to share, and a TV acting as battle map.
    The Skeletons in my closet...
    ...take half damage from piercing weapons.

Thank you Guys very much, I will give it a TRY

I DMed a 5e campaign for year. It was all online, but even if we were playing face to face, I would continue to use Fantasy Grounds.

Also, you should explore creating a game table with a 40 inch TV embedded inside so you can use FG to push battle maps while your player move physical mini's on top of the display... There are extensions for FG to help make that work.

Thread Information