DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Saving Window Positions Between Loads

I'm wanting to work across a 3 monitor spread but finding that when I resize the chat window, move the combat tracker, party sheet etc. It's not saving the sizes/positions of everything and then takes time to put everything back the way I had it.

Now I figure it doesn't save everything by design but is there anything I can do to make it do it?

My game crashed last night and it would have been a nice recovery just to reload FG and have at least my utility windows reopen to where I had them.

Thanks!

Jim

Blog Entries
    Hi JHale1966 its pretty much those three that dont save. You should vote for it at https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/

Window position is saved to the windowstate.xml file when you close FG or return to the launcher, not during the autosaves. If it crashes, this data is never written to the file.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

What about if you occasionally do a /save during the game?

Quote Originally Posted by JHale1966 View Post
    What about if you occasionally do a /save during the game?
    That's the same as auto-save, so no.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I find the best way to handle this is to take a few moments to set up your windows where you want them, then return to the launcher and come back. I consider this part of my adventure prep.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

This might be stoopid and I might just be missing it, but is there a way to make FG start in full screen mode? Or at least remember the size of the main program window on exit?

Quote Originally Posted by irish_carbomb View Post
    This might be stoopid and I might just be missing it, but is there a way to make FG start in full screen mode? Or at least remember the size of the main program window on exit?
    Nope. It's deliberately designed that way so that all buttons/controls are available when first opening - in case your screen resolution has changed and you might not be able to see buttons if it remembered a previous size that was larger than the new screen resolution. I get issues like this after my multi-monitor system comes out of sleep, so it's good that FG makes sure all controls are available when you next start FG.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information