DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 8 First 1234 ... Last

Quote Originally Posted by gtw2017 View Post
    Hi LordEntrails - I've been asked this before and in this campaign, so I've added a reply to the FAQ which reads as follows - and sorry for the late reply -

"Do you offer Commercial Use of Meanders?

However, there is no restriction on Maps that you make yourself using my Constructor Pack or base textures. But please mention GTW in the credits.
    I followed you up to that point. What were the restrictions in the previous two paragraphs about if there are no restrictions?

Kris, I did your coins project and loved it. I am interested in your meanders, but I have read your site twice and still don't get it. Maybe it's because I didn't do meanders the first? Anyone, I don't understand what are the different packs and what is an add-on?

Blog Entries
    Ok, thanks. I think I get it. And would never have a problem crediting you if I end up using things or getting your permission etc.

p.s. <2.5 hours isn't a late reply *G*

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Add-ons, Kickstarter and Meanders 2

Quote Originally Posted by Bidmaron View Post
    I followed you up to that point. What were the restrictions in the previous two paragraphs about if there are no restrictions?

Kris, I did your coins project and loved it. I am interested in your meanders, but I have read your site twice and still don't get it. Maybe it's because I didn't do meanders the first? Anyone, I don't understand what are the different packs and what is an add-on?
    Oh dear. I've tried and tried to retool it so it makes more sense but I don't understand what I am doing so wrong that it is still not clear. I'll keep trying though, and in response to your question I wrote another FAQ - and I hope this helps. I may have initially assumed backers had more familiarity with Kickstarter than some actually do - whereas people new to it, might be confused by the terms I used. So hopefully this helps:

An Add-on is how Kickstarter refers to an extra that a backers pays more for. When you pledge, you pledge for a specific reward, i.e. 48 of my maps. But you can then choose extra's to add to your reward by looking at my list of Add-ons. Let's have a look at a few sample pledges.

(Sample 1) Bill.

Bill, backed my last campaign and got himself 60 of my Meander 1 Maps. He really liked the Jungle maps but there were only four jungle maps in that set. Now he has a campaign coming up where he needs wider paths and a road/river in the Jungle. He sees Meanders 2 and he knows that any map he buys from Meanders 2 is designed to fit with Meanders 1 - so here is his chance to make his collection of seamless maps bigger. Bill only wants the extra Jungle Maps so he looks through the pledges and see's that there is a $10 pledge that allows him to get an extra map for each of his core terrains as a bonus and then he can Add-on another $10 to his pledge to buy add-on [42b] to get the core 12 Jungle Maps. So Bill pledges for the $10 Support/Sample Meanders Pack then manually adds an extra $10 to his pledge giving him a total of $20 and 18 maps.

Bill spent more than $10 - and so he automatically applies for the free bonus of all 60 of the Meanders 1 maps. He already has them so it doesn't mean much to him - but with the new core maps he can add a wide river set-up to his existing Jungle maps and this is perfect for his campaign.

But then Bill see's that there is a new set of specialized maps available in Meanders 2.
    With his Meanders 1 set, when he wanted to go from jungle to snow, the paths on the boards would line up side-by-side but the snow map and jungle map side by side clashed terribly. If only there was a map that gradually went from Jungle to Snow.
    Bill also wished there was a way to lead his adventurers more gradually into the jungle, maybe have them drive up to the docks of a village on a boat and then depart into the steamy jungle. And that there simply more of the Jungle terrain, with maybe a giant waterfall or a threshing pool of pirahna to drop his adventurers off or into.
    When Bill sees Meanders 2, he realizes that all of this is now possible and backs it. He sees that the M2 campaign is offering an 'EBB Pack' with Edgers, Blenders and Bridgers (EBB) with maps that do all of the above for him. So he decides to pledge for add-on [2b] as well and adds another $10 to his pledge giving him a total of $30. Now his jungle set is huge. He has the Core set of 12, the EBB set of 8 + the 4 free maps he got with his pledge: so he will be able to use one of the Blenders from the EBB pack to now lead gradually into the forest, desert or snow, and he can make use of the wide rivers with rapids and cliffs and muddy water - perfect!

(Sample 2) Sandra.

Sandra is looking for a lot of new maps. She has a quest coming up that requires Snow, Mountains and Forest with a Forest Road and Inn and discovers Meanders 2. She see's the M2 Dual Expansion Pledge for $25 offers her 24 new maps. 12 in one core terrain type and 12 in another. Perfect, she needs Forest and Snow and the Forest Core offers a nice wide road and even has a road-side building she can use for her Inn. So she pledges $25 and gets the 24 maps. But by pledging more than $10 she automatically qualifies for a free mega-pack of all 60 Meander 1 maps too! Now she has 84! She sees that meanders are designed to fit with one another, so her new Meander 2 Forest Core Roads will be able to be attached to the Meander 1 maps with no problem. 84 maps gives her a huge amount of options but she still really needs mountains. Sandra has a look at the Add-ons list and sees [5a] : a Mountain pack that will give her mountains that will fit the four core terrain types. She has a look at the art samples is pleased and satisfied those will work and adds another $10 manually to her pledge making it $35. Then Sandra sees that some of the add-ons allow her to get new layers for her Meanders map that will enable her to add entrances to the underground - and then even a whole new set of layers for the underground itself! She's pretty excited about this - she already has 84 maps but these extra add-ons will help her to depict the underground adventure she was planning after her PC's left the forest. Her entrance underground is set in the Wilderness in a mine, so she manually adds $10 for add-on [2a] to get the Entrances underground layers and underground tunnels/rooms layer. This takes her pledge up to $45. But wait! Now she's spied the Elemental Planes sets of maps. She really wants them too so she adds another $40 to her pledge which takes her up to $85. Sandra now sees that by pledging more than $50 she qualifies for any stretchgoals that are reached as well. She now has 60 Meander 1 maps, 12 Core Jungle maps, 12 Core Forest maps, 8 Mountain maps, 32 Elemental Plane maps (which equals 124 maps!)- is eligible for free maps if they are unlocked through stretch-goals - and also has underground layers for All of those maps too. Sandra is pretty happy.

(Sample 3) Eddie.

Eddie backed the first Meanders campaign and got the 60 maps offered with it. Now he sees Meanders 2 is here and that it is offering over 400+ new maps. Eddie is excited because he knows that any Meanders 2 map will be compatible with any Meanders 1 map and he wants more of them for his collection. Eddie is familiar with the add-on system and knows that for every add-on listed, he needs to add $10 to his pledge if he wants it. Eddie goes through the selection of pledges and see that if he spends over $10 he gets all the Meander 1 maps, but that doesn't mean much to him as he already has them - but if he spends over $50 he becomes eligible for the Stretch-Goals and by spending over $120 he also gets the free World Serpent Inn Meanders. He selects the M2 Core Expansion with bonus World Serpent Inn (WSI) that comes with 9 free Add-ons and pays $135. Later on though, Eddie goes through the list of add-ons and decides that he wants 9 extra Add-ons such as the Zombie Sets. So he adds $90 to his pledge manually, pledging a total of $225 and getting a crazy amount of maps for his money.

- Some pledge levels give you a set number of free add-ons, it might be 3, 6 or 24 - or higher - and these allow you to select that number of extra free add-ons to get as a reward.
    If you don't have a pledge that gives you free add-ons because you chose the $10 pledge so you could get very specific sets - simply look at the list of add-ons and count how many you want. Times that number by 10 and that's how much you need to add to your pledge. So if you want 4 add-ons, i.e. all of the Elemental Planes maps, thats 4 add-ons, times by ten, is $40.
    Kickstarter will allow you to Manage your Pledge and you can change how much you pledge by clicking on your total and typing the new total in.

Hope this helps Bidmaron?

There are no restrictions on maps that you make yourself using my Meanders Constructor Pack PNG vectors and textures. Those are yours to do with as you like - so long as you mention GTW somewhere as helping with the art.

The other restrictions apply to using my maps as-is in any project. You can use up to four, if you ask first, show me the project and credit me, but any more than 4 and I need to be consulted so I can decide - or ask you to sign a contract for more usage.
    Last edited by gtw2017; February 26th, 2017 at 20:20.

Cool, thanks I hope that day comes.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Ok, thanks. I think I get it. And would never have a problem crediting you if I end up using things or getting your permission etc.

p.s. <2.5 hours isn't a late reply *G*
    Cool, thanks I hope that day comes.

Quote Originally Posted by gtw2017 View Post
    There are no restrictions on maps that you make yourself using my Meanders Constructor Pack PNG vectors and textures. Those are yours to do with as you like - so long as you mention GTW somewhere as helping with the art.
    What are these? (Meanders Constructor Pack PNG vectors and textures?

This really didn't get me there, Kris.

OK, so what are all of the base terrains? A base terrain is not a bridge or an edger, so what are those? An add-on is an additional base terrain I think. But what do you call the bridgers and edgers?

I am almost as confused as I was before your three examples.

Somewhere, I think you need to clearly list what are the base terrain packs and, if an add-on can be something besides an additional terrain pack, just what your options are there. (edgers and bridgers, e.g.?)

What are these? (Meanders Constructor Pack PNG vectors and textures?

This really didn't get me there, Kris.

OK, so what are all of the base terrains? A base terrain is not a bridge or an edger, so what are those? An add-on is an additional base terrain I think. But what do you call the bridgers and edgers?

I am almost as confused as I was before your three examples.

Somewhere, I think you need to clearly list what are the base terrain packs and, if an add-on can be something besides an additional terrain pack, just what your options are there. (edgers and bridgers, e.g.?)
    Nevermind, I'll try again.

When I refer to 'core' terrain I mean one of four basic types: Forest, Jungle, Snow/Ice or Desert.

A Core Terrain pack in Meanders 2 is made up of 12 maps in one of those core terrain types, i.e. the Core Forest Terrain Pack is made up of 12 maps.

The Core Terrain is in the main, an expansion for the Core Terrain in Meanders 1. It supplies 12 Road or River sections that can be used on their own or with Meander 1's.

In addition you can pledge for extra add-ons such as the Edger, Bridger, Blender pack also called an EBB so that you can blend any core terrain into another core terrain neatly - add new scenes and sites to your layout (Bridger) - and provide convenient entrances and exits into your set-up as well (Edger). There are 8 maps in any EBB Add-on designed to compliment existing core terrain made up of 4 blenders, 2 edgers and 2 bridgers.

-

When I created Meanders 1, I only did a few types of terrain for each theme, i.e. four jungle maps. This was just the beginning - I wanted to expand every terrain so that you had a lot more options as to how you built your layout. So in Meanders 2 I have added three new map types that fulfil a specific terrain function.

An Edger simply acts as a map that leads into the main terrain, it might be fields, or a forest edge, or a bridge - its essentially a nice starting or ending place for your adventurers to begin or end their Meander - edgers are designed to be placed to the left or right of another Meander.

A Blender is a stylish way to change between two terrains that don't match such as Jungle and Snow. It is a map the gradually changes from one terrain into another that you put between two contrasting terrains - so instead of just having a snow board next to a jungle board and the two terrains clashing - there is a gradual change of terrain from snow into jungle to make it both more believable, and less jarring to look at. Blenders are designed to placed at combination of top/bottom or left-right of another Meander.

A Bridger is a map that has a basic terrain feature on it such as a lake, or some nice scenery to break up the journey with interesting things to look at or interact with - these can be placed at any combination of top/bottom or left-right of another Meander. If you only have paths for your adventurers to wander around on - they might get bored, so Bridgers help to break up the landscape a bit, give you good places to put an encounter or plot twist. I.e. your adventurers wander through the forest and get to a lake - now you can depict that lake in the same style as the other meanders with the Lake Bridger for the Forest Set.

Each Core Terrain has its own unique Edgers, Bridgers and Blenders. There are 4 EBB add-ons to choose from - or you can get them all for $40.

A Meanders Constructor Pack is a set of base terrain textures supplied for every theme you pledge for. It comes with PNG vectors or pictures of trees, shrubs, buildings, bridges and other features that you see on a Meanders that you can use to build your own.

A vector is simply an object that has been placed on a transparent background so that it can be overlaid onto another object (in this case, a map). With vectors you can quickly repeat the placement of a tree for instance - and make a forest relatively quickly. All of this is explained in my 101 Gimp Guide, free when you pledge $10 or more.

Blog Entries
    Those descriptions help me a lot. Thanks for taking the time to explain

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information