5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Moving Players From Map To Map

I have grouped my player's tokens together and selected all of them but when I try to move them to another image (Map), it only moves the one that I happen to have the mouse over and not the rest. Do I need to move them individually or is there a way to do it as a group?

Thanks!

Jim

I just copy/paste them and delete the old tokens.

By using Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V? That's not working for me. :/

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken L View Post
    I just copy/paste them and delete the old tokens.
    If these are tokens placed from the Combat Tracker they can only be on one map at a time. If you can have them on two maps then they are most likely not linked to the Combat Tracker....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JHale1966 View Post
    I have grouped my player's tokens together and selected all of them but when I try to move them to another image (Map), it only moves the one that I happen to have the mouse over and not the rest. Do I need to move them individually or is there a way to do it as a group?

Thanks!

Jim
    Use the 9 dots icon/button to select all the tokens and then when you drag it looks like only one is dragging but they all go.

Ah-HA! Ok, so I'm not going crazy. Thank you.

Another quick question - how can I bring up the options to select tokens? I had it come up once but now it doesn't matter where I right-click, when I hit layers, the token selection options are gone. :/

Never mind - got it.

I had the images locked so I didn't have the selection button at the top.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    If these are tokens placed from the Combat Tracker they can only be on one map at a time. If you can have them on two maps then they are most likely not linked to the Combat Tracker....
    If they are in the Combat Tracker, grab the green 'friendly' faction button (it will appear differently depending on the ruleset) and drag it to the map. It will place all the friendly characters in a diagonal line on the new map. You can also do this with the 'neutral' and 'hostile' faction buttons to drop all the neutral or hostile creatures on the new map.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

So pretty much everything works based on who/what is in the CT and go from there?

Wasn't there something you could do from party marching order to place them on battle map in order?

Thread Information